A to Z Challenge Poetry

F is for Felinophobia #atozchallenge

There was a woman who once had written
About her fear of cats, including kittens
They mewl, they wail
They only wag their tail
When you’re about to be scratched or bitten

(c) Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life

Note: Felinophobia is a fear of cats. P.S. I love cats and have two of my own. I’m not afraid of them by any means! πŸ˜€Β

F

***This has been written for the 2015 A to Z Challenge. My theme is the A to Z of Phobias. Entries are written in the form of a limerick. You can read my other entries here***

If you enjoyed this post, you can like my Facebook Page, follow me on Twitter or Instagram, or just show me some Bloglovin to keep up to date

45 Comments

Nancy@thethinkinhat.com
    April 7, 2015 at 4:02 am

I am loving your series on phobias! BTW what is the fear of dogs called? I have a big one. I’ll wait for it to appear in your list πŸ˜€
    Nancy@thethinkinhat.com recently posted…Empathize, fellow Mothers!My Profile

Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      April 7, 2015 at 8:55 pm

Thanks Nancy! Cynophobia is the fear of dogs. I had wondered about writing about that for C but chose the sitting one instead! πŸ™‚

Amy @ HandbagMafia
    April 7, 2015 at 7:31 am

I follow you on IG so I KNOW you don’t fear cats! πŸ™‚
    Amy @ HandbagMafia recently posted…Who is to Blame?My Profile

Min@WriteoftheMiddle
    April 7, 2015 at 8:09 am

Well that’s a new word to me – so interesting! I wrote a post once (on my previous blog) on my fear of TOADS – as a result of a horrible incident. When I searched I found that the only word to describe the phobia was the same as the one to describe a fear of frogs – Ranidaphobia. I am not afraid of frogs though. Since then – I have discovered that there IS actually a word specifically for the fear of toads and it is Bufonophobia!
    Min@WriteoftheMiddle recently posted…And so that was Easter!My Profile

Vinodini Iyer
    April 7, 2015 at 9:34 am

I guess I had felinophobhia till recently when I a close friend adopted two cats. I’ve been more comfortable around them now, rather I’ve been playing with me. But I’ll always be a dog person at heart πŸ™‚
    Vinodini Iyer recently posted…Fall apart to Fall togetherMy Profile

Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      April 7, 2015 at 9:08 pm

Oh I’m glad you got over your felinophobia Vinodini…cats can be quite adorable. I used to always be a dog person but since getting my cats, I think I’m leaning more towards cats even though I still love dogs! πŸ™‚

Lillian Csernica
    April 7, 2015 at 11:02 am

Interesting. I thought the fear of cats was ailurophobia. Looks like that’s an older translation.
    Lillian Csernica recently posted…F for First KnightMy Profile

Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      April 7, 2015 at 9:09 pm

Oh ok…that’s interesting. I do know though that some phobias have more than one name. This could be one of those… πŸ™‚

Vinitha
    April 7, 2015 at 12:39 pm

That’s a new word for me. I don’t fear cats, but I am scared of dogs πŸ™‚
    Vinitha recently posted…Life Taught Lessons – F #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

Nisha Sanjeev
    April 7, 2015 at 3:14 pm

Felinophobia…well. One for my vocabulary. I love the irony in there…they simply wag their tail even when about to bite us! lol!
    Nisha Sanjeev recently posted…Writer’s Ezine – Writing one word at a time…My Profile

Shailaja
    April 7, 2015 at 3:55 pm

I was just going to say, ‘You? Fear of Cats?’ and you beat me to it with that last line πŸ˜€ I loved this one too. I never knew there was a phobia for cats!
    Shailaja recently posted…Freedom-#AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

Deborah
    April 7, 2015 at 4:13 pm

I grew up with dogs so was more of a dog person, but my brother then got cats in adulthood and I had to cat-sit them when they travelled, so have become more of a cat person. I’ve always lived in apartments though, so pets aren’t really an option.
    Deborah recently posted…Commenting on weight loss: yes or no?My Profile

Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      April 7, 2015 at 10:06 pm

I always used to be a dog person until I got a cat of my own. Reason was because I live in a unit and couldn’t get a dog, obviously. I’m not converted and love cats probably just a little bit more than dogs — they are a little easier to manage. πŸ™‚

Soumya
    April 7, 2015 at 4:47 pm

Hahaha, super cute!

I have seen your cats on Instagram and I’m in love with them πŸ™‚
    Soumya recently posted…E: Ex FilesMy Profile

Lata
    April 7, 2015 at 5:05 pm

Thats interesting phobia..

Swathi Shenoy
    April 7, 2015 at 5:25 pm

I am aware of your love for cats. Insta says it all πŸ˜‰
    Swathi Shenoy recently posted…Few Things Left UnsaidMy Profile

Rhonda Albom
    April 7, 2015 at 6:45 pm

Another winner. Is that true that cats only wag their tail if you are about to get bitten or scratched?
    Rhonda Albom recently posted…F is for Fountain – AmaZing Auckland #AtoZMy Profile

Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      April 7, 2015 at 10:12 pm

Thanks Rhonda! πŸ™‚ Well, yes, they wag their tails when they are unhappy usually…
      When they are happy, their tails are upright

Sheethal
    April 7, 2015 at 8:15 pm

I don’t fear cats but I don’t really fond of them.
    Sheethal recently posted…Fara …My Profile

Suzy
    April 7, 2015 at 8:47 pm

I’m not too fond of cats. When I was young, my neighbour had 2 Siamese cats, one friendly and one not so friendly. I could never tell them apart and invariably chose the wrong one. I might have mild Felinophobia.

Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      April 7, 2015 at 10:16 pm

I never used to be fond of cats…in fact, I got scratched by a cat on my face as a kid. I was always a dog person but since getting a cat of my own, I love them.

Rajlakshmi
    April 7, 2015 at 9:17 pm

who could possibly fear such beautiful creatures πŸ˜€ Although I am a dog lover I still love kittens πŸ™‚
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…Wanderlust Postcards – Fisher BayMy Profile

Parul
    April 7, 2015 at 10:38 pm

Finally one phobia that I kind of guessed right as soon as I saw the name πŸ™‚
    I don’t have this one but then I like dogs more πŸ˜€
    Parul recently posted…F for Female FoeticideMy Profile

Nick Wilford
    April 7, 2015 at 11:35 pm

I grew up with cats, but we can’t have them because my wife is allergic. Not quite the same as fearing them, but she’s definitely a dog person, of which we have four. At least it’s good news when they wag their tails!

Debbie D.
    April 7, 2015 at 11:58 pm

Cats are so cute; I can’t imagine how anyone could be afraid of them, unless they’re feral. Love your theme of phobias! Must catch up. Cheers!
    Debbie D. recently posted…#AtoZChallenge: F is for FACETIOUSMy Profile

G Angela
    April 8, 2015 at 1:13 am

I don’t like cats and I find something very mysterious about their eyes. After my sons death, suddenly out of the blue a cat started visiting my house; and i did not like, my husband was grieving for our son and got attached to it and started taking care of it.. it was there for two years and then disappeared.. somehow i am not comfortable with cats..

Shantala
    April 8, 2015 at 1:17 am

I guess I have both – Cynophobia and Felinophobia to a certain extent. They always look so adorable in the pics and videos, but then I freak out once they are around. I like to watch them from a distance. I just wish I can get over the fear.
    *Shantala @ ShanayaTales*
    Shantala recently posted…Family – Where Life Begins and Love Never Ends #AtoZChallenge 2015 @AprilA2ZMy Profile

Eli
    April 8, 2015 at 2:26 am

Oh wow, I didnt know there was a word for that – but now I do. I love cats, so not my kind of word today, but Im hooked on your -phobias… fun theme:-) And so well written:-)
    Eli recently posted…F for FlowerMy Profile

elly stornebrink
    April 8, 2015 at 2:46 am

Too bad such a phobia exists ’cause I love cats and I can’t imagine having a fear of them! πŸ˜‰ <3

swati Bassi
    April 8, 2015 at 3:03 am

I always had dogs as pet. And have this fear of cats.
    swati Bassi recently posted…Life………My Profile

Kelly Martin
    April 8, 2015 at 3:58 am

Oh that is so cute, I adore cats though.
    Kelly Martin recently posted…F is for FREEDOMMy Profile

Eloquent Mind
    April 8, 2015 at 7:16 am

Now why would any person be afraid of cats ? πŸ˜€ Personally, I find them very attractive and cute ! πŸ™‚
    Eloquent Mind recently posted…Farewell #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

Kaddu
    April 8, 2015 at 5:46 pm

Aaah! I didn’t know cats wag their tails only when they are about to bite/scratch you.
    Kaddu recently posted…A to Z of Blogging: F – Friends #atozchallengeMy Profile

Obsessivemom
    April 12, 2015 at 2:32 pm

I didn’t particularly like cats but now courtesy the kids I’m learning to tolerate them at least.
    Obsessivemom recently posted…Mommy warsMy Profile

Monica Deshpande
    April 21, 2015 at 6:15 am

That’s too bad. But I suppose to each his own. I am terrified of dogs and I’ll even cross over to the other side of a road so I can admire them from a distance. πŸ˜‰
    Monica Deshpande recently posted…L is for Kolambiche Lonche (Pickled prawns)My Profile