A to Z Challenge Poetry

T is for Testophobia #atozchallenge

There once was a boy afraid of taking tests
He tried to avoid, but had to take ‘em like the rest
He learnt by rote
And made several notes
But in the end, it was anxiety that got the best

(c) Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life

Note: Testophobia is the fear of taking tests

T

***This has been written for the 2015 A to Z Challenge. My theme is the A to Z of Phobias. Entries are written in the form of a limerick. You can read my other entries here***

If you enjoyed this post, you can like my Facebook Page, follow me on Twitter or Instagram, or just show me some Bloglovin to keep up to date

10 Comments

usha menon
    April 23, 2015 at 11:37 am

Children are afraid of exams..You have portrayed it beautifully.

Soumya
    April 23, 2015 at 4:46 pm

Thankfully I did not have this as a child.
    Soumya recently posted…Bangalore DeliversMy Profile

Prasanna
    April 23, 2015 at 5:25 pm

I liked exams as long as I have prepared well for the exams. But I used to have recurring dreams that I enter a examination hall and I come to know that I have prepared for the wrong subject 😛

Sheethal
    April 23, 2015 at 9:40 pm

When in school, I get this urge to take a test now and then. But when results are to be announced I am all shivering! 😛
    Sheethal recently posted…Tara …My Profile

Parul
    April 24, 2015 at 1:27 am

A lot of children have this one.. Good one S!
    Parul recently posted…T for TradeMy Profile

Shilpa Garg
    April 24, 2015 at 2:28 am

I am sure a lot of kids have this phobia 🙂
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…T is for Tantrumy #AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

Eloquent Mind
    April 24, 2015 at 7:49 am

I had this phobia once. It was during my 11th Grade. We had a long vacation and returned to school after the classes had begun. I was so scared of writing the exams since I couldn’t catch up on the portion and hence decided to skip my Maths and Chemistry papers. I remember crying and telling my parents how scary it felt. But I was all relaxed once I knew I could skip this time if I wanted to. 🙂 Good one !
    Eloquent Mind recently posted…Tears #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

elly stornebrink
    April 24, 2015 at 10:54 am

Wow! Could I have gotten away with going to school if I had this phobia?! 😉 I wish! hahaha Never knew this phobia existed either!
    elly stornebrink recently posted…#A to Z Challenge: T is for … Trust!My Profile

Kaddu
    April 24, 2015 at 6:33 pm

I used to have severe anxiety attacks till class 9th. Then from 10th onwards, there were so many exams to give that I just stopped caring!
    Kaddu recently posted…A to Z of Blogging: T – Types #atozchallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

rajlakshmi
    April 24, 2015 at 8:53 pm

ohh the anxiety before the test… used to make me go cold and sweaty.
    rajlakshmi recently posted…U n I – Let’s StretchMy Profile