Healthy Living

12 week challenge to a healthier me

fitness-594143_640

As of today, I commence a 12 week challenge at my gym.

Before I went away on holidays, I was a bit unhappy with my weight. I’d gained a bit since the last time I lost weight thanks to poor eating. I was still exercising at least 4 times a week but I was indulging in cheese and crackers, chocolate and everything sugar, and more alcohol than usual. My gym, Punchys Training and Nutrition, runs 10 or 12 week challenges and I figured I’d most likely gain weight while away on holidays and was keen to join one when I got back. Luckily for me, they decided to start a 12 week challenge on the 13th of July. A week after my return.

I expressed my interest while still on holidays and signed up officially last week.

Blogging about it keeps me accountable just as it did the first time I took up the 12WBT challenge. That challenge truly transformed my life and made me love exercise like never before.

My goals for this 12 Week Challenge are to lose 5 kgs and to tone up my body a lot more. I used to have a flat stomach even last year but thanks to a LOT of alcohol over the holidays, I see no sign of a two-pack, let alone a six-pack! ๐Ÿ˜›

I also hope to get back to eating healthy again. I plan to cut down significantly on artificial and refined sugars and have only a maximum of 2 glasses of wine a week. Of course, to do this involves meal planning. The last time I lost weight and maintained it was when I was disciplined with my meal planning. I’ve already prepared all our meals for this week and am hoping I can keep it up once uni starts.

Why do I want to do this? Because I want to be healthier. I feel like I have become unhealthier in the last 12 months or so and need to feel better again. My skin feels bad and I know I have a family history of diabetes and heart problems. I’d like to avoid those for as long as possible if I can!

Here’s to a new week and new beginnings!

***Linking with Alicia for Open Slather and Corinne for Monday Musings***

Image Source: Pixabay

• Parul
    July 13, 2015 at 3:36 pm

All the best! I want to know more about what specific activities you are going to undertake. So share that when you get time ๐Ÿ™‚
    Parul recently posted…10 Things to Tell YourselfMy Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      July 14, 2015 at 7:33 pm

Thanks Parul. I attend cross-training and bootcamp which involves cardio, HIIT, strength training at my gym. I’ve got to increase my strength training to tone up and also go to pilates a bit more.
      Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life recently posted…12 week challenge to a healthier meMy Profile

• Parul
    July 13, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Parul recently posted…10 Things to Tell YourselfMy Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      July 14, 2015 at 7:33 pm

• CookieCrumbsInc.
    July 13, 2015 at 3:55 pm

What Parul said.

I’m burning cal with cardio and a bit of strength, it’d help to know what you do to tone.
    CookieCrumbsInc. recently posted…UBC Day 12: RazliubitMy Profile

• CookieCrumbsInc.
    July 13, 2015 at 3:55 pm

What Parul said.

CookieCrumbsInc. recently posted…UBC Day 12: RazliubitMy Profile

• Ashleigh - mymeow.com.au
    July 13, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Good for you! You can do it! We can do it together. I am on week 3 of 10 weeks! I have made significant changes but alcohol is my big problem at the moment. I think the biggest thing is to keep going when you have a slip up – just get straight back on that horse. I’d be happy to do a link post with you every few weeks to improve our accountability, and you have it all right, food planning is the big difference. PS. I think we are twins.

• Ashleigh - mymeow.com.au
    July 13, 2015 at 3:59 pm

• Sreesha Divakaran
    July 13, 2015 at 4:42 pm

Wow! Love your determination. Wish I could follow through on something like this.
    Sreesha Divakaran recently posted…Loving You Into Reality – Part 1My Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      July 14, 2015 at 9:36 pm

Thanks Sreesha…I’ve done it before so I reckon it’s possible again ๐Ÿ™‚ Takes a lot of self-control at times when it comes to food though
      Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life recently posted…Politically incompatibleMy Profile

• Sreesha Divakaran
    July 13, 2015 at 4:42 pm

Sreesha Divakaran recently posted…Loving You Into Reality – Part 1My Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      July 14, 2015 at 9:36 pm

• elly stornebrink
    July 13, 2015 at 4:44 pm

Good for you Sanch! ๐Ÿ™‚ I need to do the same and ‘should’ though I’m mainly walking almost daily and dancing here and there. Yesterday was fun as I even danced in the rain! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Though I need to do more including cutting down on coffee which I recently started – about two months ago or so – and sugars. <3
    elly stornebrink recently posted…Gratitude List #13: Eat, Drink, and Be Merry! ๐Ÿ˜‰My Profile

• elly stornebrink
    July 13, 2015 at 4:44 pm

• Ness
    July 13, 2015 at 5:46 pm

I like doing exercise every day, but hate gyms. I workout at home with Youtube videos or DVDs. Sounds like a you’ve got a good plan. The only way I can avoid temptation (especially chocolate and cakies) is to never have them in the house in the first place! Good luck with your 12 week plan.
    Ness recently posted…My most treasured itemMy Profile

• Ness
    July 13, 2015 at 5:46 pm

Ness recently posted…My most treasured itemMy Profile

• Alicia
    July 13, 2015 at 10:37 pm

I’ve really got myself into gear this last week and have been eating really well. I’ve bought some new runners, but need to get out and do some walking. You’ve given me some inspiration to make an effort to exercise more. I need to be healthier too x
    Alicia recently posted…The Tantanoola caves – school holiday jauntsMy Profile

• Alicia
    July 13, 2015 at 10:37 pm

Alicia recently posted…The Tantanoola caves – school holiday jauntsMy Profile

• Vivek Prashar
    July 17, 2015 at 3:28 am

Hey, I really hope you succeed in your regime. Even I started running and am working out since June this year. Although I want a slim body with abs on it. I really hope I could do it in 6 month time. Best of luck to us both.
    Vivek Prashar recently posted…Game of Thrones locations: Find out where it was shotMy Profile

• Vivek Prashar
    July 17, 2015 at 3:28 am

• Vishal Bheeroo
    July 19, 2015 at 3:46 pm

Hi Saanch! I am in the same mode after some pain or what may call warning signs..decided to get back into being fit, exercising, having a proper diet and cut on sweet and smoke. Let’s get back to the groove and be fit..my family also have a diabetes history.

Vishal Bheeroo recently posted…Hindi Baatein: Apne Dhoond Mein MaganMy Profile

• Vishal Bheeroo
    July 19, 2015 at 3:46 pm

Vishal Bheeroo recently posted…Hindi Baatein: Apne Dhoond Mein MaganMy Profile

• The month that was July 2015 - Living my Imperfect Life
    August 2, 2015 at 9:19 pm

[…] was not good enough and just continued to have some really down days. On the plus side, I started a 12 week challenge to lose a bit of weight and get fitter. My darling Pebbles turned 4 in July and I also found myself […]

• The month that was July 2015 - Living my Imperfect Life
    August 2, 2015 at 9:19 pm

• Welcome to Fitness Friday Linky Party! – My Meow – Life. Travel. Love.
    August 7, 2015 at 7:22 am

[…] Eating right. F45 challenges, going on retreats, training for half marathons, meditating more, on a health kick after holidays,ย andย trying to fit in working out more with a sedentary (desk) […]

• Welcome to Fitness Friday Linky Party! – My Meow – Life. Travel. Love.
    August 7, 2015 at 7:22 am

• Fitness Friday: 4 week update - Living my Imperfect Life
    August 7, 2015 at 12:09 pm

[…] can’t believe I’m already 4 weeks into my 12 week challenge. It’s been great so far! Exercising hasn’t been an issue except for last week when I […]

• Fitness Friday: 4 week update - Living my Imperfect Life
    August 7, 2015 at 12:09 pm

• Fitness Friday: 8 week update - Living my Imperfect Life
    September 4, 2015 at 9:47 am

[…] you on my fitness goals and hear you share yours. I am currently two-thirds of the way through my 12 week challenge and unlike the 4 week update, the last 4 weeks weren’t exactly the […]

• Fitness Friday: 8 week update - Living my Imperfect Life