Healthy Living

Fitness Friday: 8 week update

It’s the first Friday of the month and it’s that time to update you on my fitness goals and hear you share yours. I am currently two-thirds of the way through my 12 week challenge and unlike the 4 week update, the last 4 weeks weren’t exactly the best.

My Weight: My weight has been fluctuating big time and even though I tell myself it’s not about the numbers on the scale, psychologically it’s a bit demotivating to see the numbers go down and then go back up in a week. Honestly, I lose half a kilo and then I gain it. It’s just ridiculous and frustrating.

My Diet: Sadly, this has been a bit up and down too. While I haven’t been craving for sugar, I have been craving for salt. Yeah, go figure! In fact, I notice that with more uni work, I do want to stuff my face with salt and cheese. Last Sunday when I got into my writing groove for uni, I also ate my way through three-quarters of a bag of chilli chips. Ironically, my assignment was a profile on the owner of my gym. I have also been pretty slack in maintaining my food diary online — something I did consistently for about 5 weeks.

My Fitness: I do think this is improving on most days but then there are some bootcamp sessions that just kill me. I am getting better with pilates too after going once a week and I think once I’m done with uni, I will try to make it to some more sessions and perhaps try some at home too.

My Body Image: I can see my abs starting to develop although I still struggle with my lower abs — they are just not defined! Yes, I know it sounds vain but I really, really, really want defined abs. Some days I look in the mirror and I’m happy with what I see but other days I just want to curl up and sob.

My Sleep: I thought I should add sleep in this as my sleep has been quite poor. I am only getting about 5 to 6 hours of sleep and I blame uni and writing for that. The two nights I have uni, I am buzzing with ideas and it’s hard to fall asleep before 11. Then I wake up at 5 and it starts all over. I know I need to get good sleep and really, I’m trying but it’s so hard at the moment. By the way, I used to be a person who was in bed by 9-9:30.

My Mental Health: is fucked. But on the plus side, I am seeing a therapist. So yay for that!

So there’s my update for September’s Fitness Friday. I know Ashleigh is currently in Thailand so it might be a while before she posts/link up. She will be hosting October’s Fitness Friday.

How are you going with your health and wellbeing? Got any goals or updates to share?

Let us know and link up!

Some rules for linking:

1. The link will be open for one week from the first Friday of every month (closing at midnight the following Thursday.) It will alternate being hosted by me and Ashleigh.
  2. You can link to your fitness/wellbeing related post within the last month. Be CREATIVE HERE PEOPLE! Whether your goal is to run around the block, meditate daily or eat more greens, if it is related to your health and wellbeing then link it!

3. If you join our party you must comment on one other blog and share one post that you like among your networks.

4. You must link to My Meow and Living my Imperfect Life for Fitness Friday at the bottom of your post.

5. Use our image if you desire!

FitnessFridays logo

***Linking with Grace for FYBF and Corinne  for September Challenge***

Image Source: Pixabay

SANCH_sig1

40 Comments

Vanessa
    September 4, 2015 at 12:09 pm

I’ve never owned scales. I’m not a numbers person – I see the overall value of knowing what you weight but I can’t find it motivating on a short term basis as there are too many variables that can impact it for it to be of real value.
    Vanessa recently posted…Scriptwriting & Self-DoubtMy Profile

Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      September 5, 2015 at 9:58 am

I found them motivating when I had more weight to lose. Now that there’s only a little, while I know rationally there are several factors that play a role in the numbers, I still find myself getting happy or sad based on the numbers! Really need to retrain my brain on this one.

Vanessa
    September 4, 2015 at 12:09 pm

Vanessa recently posted…Scriptwriting & Self-DoubtMy Profile

Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      September 5, 2015 at 9:58 am

CookieCrumbsInc.
    September 4, 2015 at 3:28 pm

The struggle is constant, I keep falling off the wagon a dozen times. I’d love to get to a point where all the clothes in my closet fit 🙁
    CookieCrumbsInc. recently posted…The Month That Was… August ’15My Profile

Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      September 5, 2015 at 11:17 am

It’s hard sometimes to stick to things when life gets in the way, isn’t it? Exercise is easier for me than the diet…always hard being a foodie I reckon!

CookieCrumbsInc.
    September 4, 2015 at 3:28 pm

CookieCrumbsInc. recently posted…The Month That Was… August ’15My Profile

Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      September 5, 2015 at 11:17 am

Natalie @ Our Parallel Connection
    September 4, 2015 at 3:47 pm

Good on you for seeing someone and taking life back into your own hands. As so fitness, baby steps Sanch.. we can’t possibly get all the abs at the same time..lol
    Natalie @ Our Parallel Connection recently posted…As a parent I am still learning – Anxiety in TeenagersMy Profile

Natalie @ Our Parallel Connection
    September 4, 2015 at 3:47 pm

Corinne Rodrigues
    September 4, 2015 at 4:33 pm

You’re so inspiring, Sanch. I wish I had done at your age what you are doing!
    Corinne Rodrigues recently posted…Let Our Choices Reflect Our Hopes #septemberchallengeMy Profile

Corinne Rodrigues
    September 4, 2015 at 4:33 pm

You’re so inspiring, Sanch. I wish I had done at your age what you are doing!

LuAnn Braley
    September 4, 2015 at 4:46 pm

Good for you on seeing a therapist! People too often neglect their mental health. (I know. I’ve had depression since my early teens.)

On the lack of sleep thing? I try to visualize putting whatever is keeping me awake in a box and on my nightstand, thus giving myself permission to sleep. Sometimes it works! :O) Have a great weekend, Sanch!
    LuAnn Braley recently posted…#septemberchallenge #NaBloPoMo 4 – LessonsMy Profile

LuAnn Braley
    September 4, 2015 at 4:46 pm

Vidya Sury
    September 4, 2015 at 4:56 pm

Those chips! Sigh. Still, great going, Sanch. The important thing is – you’re wise to take stock, and – action! 🙂 I read that if we don’t sleep enough, we put on weight. So – getting adequate sleep is one of the ways to lose weight and stay healthy. Hugs! Cheering you on from here!
    Vidya Sury recently posted…Back To SchoolMy Profile

Vidya Sury
    September 4, 2015 at 4:56 pm

Vidya Sury recently posted…Back To SchoolMy Profile

Leanne@crestingthehill
    September 4, 2015 at 8:26 pm

the whole body image and weight thing is such a killer – you have no idea how gorgeous you are and how you’ll look back in years to come and wish you’d given yourself more love and acceptance. Balance is everything and all the work and study means that sometimes you need to allow yourself a treat or two or you’ll miss out on the simple pleasures of life. ~ Leanne
    Leanne@crestingthehill recently posted…mother and daughter bonding timeMy Profile

Leanne@crestingthehill
    September 4, 2015 at 8:26 pm

BeatabouttheBook
    September 4, 2015 at 10:34 pm

I need to do a linkup here Sanch. I have completely fallen off the fitness wagon this past month. September needs to be better – the festivals start after that and I will hold through only if I begin now. Such a struggle always. Sigh!
    BeatabouttheBook recently posted…The Time TravelerMy Profile

BeatabouttheBook
    September 4, 2015 at 10:34 pm

BeatabouttheBook recently posted…The Time TravelerMy Profile

nabanita
    September 5, 2015 at 12:35 am

Being in good health is a constant struggle..But it’s great you are making some conscious efforts…The past month hasn’t been too good in terms of health for me, a week at the hospital too but I’m getting better..
    nabanita recently posted…I Don’t Need Your Toxic Presence In My Life Anymore…#FridayReflectionsMy Profile

nabanita

one thing is for sure you are definitely putting ME to shame 🙁

but m ybest wishes and keep it up 🙂

Bikram’s
    Bikram recently posted…HelloMy Profile

Deb @ Bright and Precious
    September 5, 2015 at 8:30 pm

I admire your focus. Writing it down like this must be very helpful and motivating.

Deb @ Bright and Precious
    September 5, 2015 at 8:30 pm

Astrid
    September 6, 2015 at 5:16 am

I’m sorry you’ve been struggling with your weight and diet lately. Glad you’re doing relatively well in the exercise department and that you’re making plans for doing more pilates once you’re out of uni.
    Astrid recently posted…Grateful FridayMy Profile

Astrid
    September 6, 2015 at 5:16 am

Astrid recently posted…Grateful FridayMy Profile

Bec Senyard
    September 6, 2015 at 1:05 pm

The struggle is constant for me too. Now that I’m 30 I can’t eat what I want all the time because my metabolism is not as good as it used to be. In a way this post has motivated me to do better. So thank you. X
    Bec Senyard recently posted…Not Every Motivational Quote is for You #HITMy Profile

Bec Senyard
    September 6, 2015 at 1:05 pm

Ashleigh - mymeow.com.au
    September 6, 2015 at 5:53 pm

Throw out the scales. They are TERRIBLE for your mental health. Esp if you are going through a bad patch. Sounds like you’re on the way though. Little steps over time make change. I am trying to be healthy in Bali but going to do Michelle Bridges when I return. I need a plan! Sleep also helps with weight loss so you might want to try sneak in a few more hours.
    Ashleigh – mymeow.com.au recently posted…‘That’ feeling again. Coming home to AsiaMy Profile

Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      September 6, 2015 at 9:05 pm

I had enjoyed Michelle Bridges’ program…helped me lose weight initially. And yep, kept me accountable. I know the sleep will help with my weight loss…trying to get more hours and did well this weekend. In fact, I have had the owner of my gym tell me to sleep in and not exercise 5-6 times a week. She said she gave me permission just in case I was worrying! 😛

Ashleigh - mymeow.com.au
    September 6, 2015 at 5:53 pm

Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      September 6, 2015 at 9:05 pm

The month that was September 2015 - Living my Imperfect Life
    October 1, 2015 at 9:30 pm

[…] diet in September kinda fell off the healthy wagon for a couple of weeks. Fortunately, my exercise was at least ok — not great, but ok. I also […]

The month that was September 2015 - Living my Imperfect Life
    October 1, 2015 at 9:30 pm

Fitness Friday – back on the 12 WBT – My Meow – Life. Love. Travel.
    October 2, 2015 at 9:16 am

[…] up with Sanch @ My Imperfect Life for Fitness […]

Fitness Friday – back on the 12 WBT – My Meow – Life. Love. Travel.
    October 2, 2015 at 9:16 am