Humour

Goodbye Tony. Thou shalt not be missed

There once was a man called Tony
Who pretended not to be a phoney
He had a creepy laugh
Was the king of his staff
Until they realised he spoke baloney

Your own party decided, Tony. It’s off with yer head! Whatever will we do without you as our Minister for Women? Who will tell us women that our virginity is the greatest gift we can give to our husbands? Or that repealing the carbon tax was the greatest thing for women because we balance the household finances? Or that we should be doing the ironing?

Without you to govern us, Tony, we women could get well and truly out of control. I mean, we could even consider running for parliament. Shock, horror! Or just forgoing the ironing and having pre-marital sex with our boyfriends. We will no longer have a moral compass by which we can judge our actions. How are we going to cope thinking for ourselves, Tony?

I guess we have to start somewhere.

On a serious note though, I feel ashamed to have had 5 Prime Ministers in such quick succession. I’m sure we must be the laughing stock of the world. I’ll say this about Turnbull — he is charismatic and intelligent and doesn’t come across as a bumbling fool. But in the end, for me, they are all in the same boat. There is nobody truly worthy of a vote. In the end, the vote boils down to the lesser of the evils. And that in itself, is a sad situation.

To end on a high, here’s some things of Tony we will truly miss!

***Linking with Jess for IBOT and Corinne for September Challenge***

SANCH_sig1

25 Comments

Vanessa
    September 15, 2015 at 9:36 am

I hope that Turnbull means that the ALP will finally get their a$$es into gear and actually become an opposition party instead of a wishy washy crappy party.
    Vanessa recently posted…Why Is There No Life In Our Lifestyle Blogs?My Profile

Vanessa
    September 15, 2015 at 9:36 am

Vanessa recently posted…Why Is There No Life In Our Lifestyle Blogs?My Profile

Amy @ HandbagMafia
    September 15, 2015 at 9:43 am

The Labor party can no longer skate to election victory purely on the virtue of not having Tony at the helm- they now need to show real leadership and progressive policy. Turnbull is a wolf in sheep’s clothing- lauded as lefty and progressive, we’d do well to remember he voted for bloody Work Choices!
    Amy @ HandbagMafia recently posted…All Hail The Shift WorkerMy Profile

Amy @ HandbagMafia
    September 15, 2015 at 9:43 am

Amy @ HandbagMafia recently posted…All Hail The Shift WorkerMy Profile

Clare @ Clare J Lucy
    September 15, 2015 at 11:30 am

Interesting times. Frankly, what I’m looking for is a party that doesn’t engage in a race to the bottom on asylum seeker policy – and I don’t think Turnbull will change the LNP’s stance on that policy. And Shorten isn’t offering a viable alternative with the ALP.

So my vote stays with the Greens…
    Clare @ Clare J Lucy recently posted…Say no to say yesMy Profile

Clare @ Clare J Lucy
    September 15, 2015 at 11:30 am

So my vote stays with the Greens…
    Clare @ Clare J Lucy recently posted…Say no to say yesMy Profile

Deb @ inner compass designs
    September 15, 2015 at 1:59 pm

I am not sure what is coming but I am truly grateful Tony has been removed. I cannot understand how someone so bad at public speaking or expressing a thought well can be in government. And then the actual crap that he shared over the 2 years makes me want to smack my head too much.
    Deb @ inner compass designs recently posted…On my bookshelf- Hands Free LifeMy Profile

Deb @ inner compass designs
    September 15, 2015 at 1:59 pm

Nabanita
    September 15, 2015 at 4:16 pm

Oh I didn’t know that politicians advising on the moral compass of women happened outside India as well…This I really didn’t know… I guess we are similar in many ways..One being voting for the lesser of two evils…
    Nabanita recently posted…Life Over Death…#MondayMusingsMy Profile

Nabanita
    September 15, 2015 at 4:16 pm

Nabanita recently posted…Life Over Death…#MondayMusingsMy Profile

Leanne@crestingthehill
    September 15, 2015 at 5:51 pm

I agree about the lesser of two evils – I can’t find a single senior politician I’d want to vote for – Tony over-stepped too many times and Malcolm is way too smug for my liking……but Labor hasn’t got anything better to offer. 5 Prime Ministers is just sad and I’d really like to see some strong decent leadership – here’s hoping…
    Leanne@crestingthehill recently posted…what a difference a blog makes…..My Profile

Leanne@crestingthehill
    September 15, 2015 at 5:51 pm

Janet aka Middle Aged Mama
    September 15, 2015 at 6:03 pm

They’re all numpties. But I must confess I think Malcolm Turnbull is a better speaker and therefore representative of Australia.

Visiting from #teamIBOT x
    Janet aka Middle Aged Mama recently posted…The Follow-Unfollow GameMy Profile

Janet aka Middle Aged Mama
    September 15, 2015 at 6:03 pm

Visiting from #teamIBOT x
    Janet aka Middle Aged Mama recently posted…The Follow-Unfollow GameMy Profile

Corinne Rodrigues
    September 15, 2015 at 6:31 pm

Praise the Lord! He was a joke!
    Corinne Rodrigues recently posted…How to Prepare for Old AgeMy Profile

Hugzilla
    September 15, 2015 at 6:43 pm

This worries me. My Touchy-Feely Turnbull is now the leader and it will take more work to oust him because he doesn’t seem to be in the habit of saying stupid things on a regular basis. I’m gonna miss the memes.

Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      September 15, 2015 at 8:33 pm

I’m hoping this gives Labor the kick up the butt they deserve to have someone who can truly challenge Turnbull. Let’s face it, with Shorten v Turnbull, Libs will win. I’m hearing a lot of Labor supporters say they will vote Lib if Turnbull is in.

Deborah
    September 15, 2015 at 7:26 pm

Yes… I’m not an LNP supporter either way but it will be nice to have a PM who’s not a national embarrassment!
    Deborah recently posted…Sitting with feelings IIMy Profile

CookieCrumbsInc.
    September 15, 2015 at 9:11 pm

Hey, don’t be ashamed, follow Indian politics and you’ll feel all better.
    CookieCrumbsInc. recently posted…Only I Can Write A Saga on Doors.My Profile

Vishal Bheeroo
    September 15, 2015 at 9:21 pm

It’s sad how such people blurt out such sexist remarks. Such a disservice to a nation and its people. I am sure they won’t be missed,
    Vishal Bheeroo recently posted…#100WordsonSaturday: ‘Swimming against the tide’My Profile

Bikram
    September 15, 2015 at 10:33 pm

Good Riddance it seems
    Bikram recently posted…How to live and Die- My Views – Part 4My Profile

LuAnn Braley
    September 15, 2015 at 11:59 pm

Well, there’s no doubting how you feel about the man! Maybe there’s an upside to having 5 PM’s in a short time. In the US, when we elect someone to an office, they’re there until the term is up unless they are so heinous as to warrant legal action. Here’s hoping your next PM is better!
    LuAnn Braley recently posted…School Daze – #septemberchallenge #NaBloPomoMy Profile

anks
    September 16, 2015 at 2:03 pm

Sigh… looks like Politicians are same everywhere!!
    anks recently posted…My Envy Box September 2015 ReviewMy Profile

EssentiallyJess
    September 16, 2015 at 2:09 pm

I don’t like when people speak in a derogatory away about our leaders; I think there’s more effective ways to communicate our disagreeman with their policies.
    He’s been removed, the hate needs to stop. He made some mistakes, but he did some good, and he stuck to his morals when everyone tried to convince him that was idiocy. For that I applaud and wish him well in the future.
    EssentiallyJess recently posted…Watch Me Whip, Watch Me Pretend Like I Know What I’m DoingMy Profile

Zita
    September 18, 2015 at 4:14 pm

I had never seen that video but it made me laugh out loud!! I am a bit like you in that I don’t really have faith in any of them but I am a bit glad to see the back of him! As a proud Australia I always got a little nervous every time he opened his mouth, especially on an international stage, for fear of what he was going to say next to make our country look stupid!
    Fingers crossed Malcolm can change things for good and do some positive work.
    Zita recently posted…Monument ValleyMy Profile