Life

New beginnings

Earlier this month, I got offered a job. It’s for a school psychologist position. For obvious reasons, I can’t tell you where. But I can tell you I am excited and nervous all at once. It’s time for new beginnings.

It seems like a lovely community. When I went for the interview, I got a good vibe. The admin staff were lovely as were the students. The principal and two other executive staff who interviewed me made me feel extremely comfortable. And so, when I got offered the job, I didn’t hesitate. I accepted it.

As some of you might know, I was feeling an itch. Wanting a change. Maybe this is it. Sure, it’s not a big sea-change. But it’s a change of work place which I hope, will be a good thing. For starters, the work will be different. It’s a lot more preventative work than my current work where I provide therapy for those with chronic and complex mental health needs. As much as I love my current job, I think it was getting to a point where change in clients was minimal. Plus, the population in the area is getting more and more difficult.

I received my contract late last week and told my manager on Tuesday this week. It was bittersweet. She was surprised and said I’d be missed. It’s nice to be acknowledged. It was harder letting the rest of the team know. I’ve got some good colleagues; ones I’ve spent over 5 years with. It’ll be strange not driving there anymore in the new year. It’ll be strange not sharing my office with M and T.

Yet, I am excited. I am excited to set up a new office. I am excited to get to know new people. I am excited to not have to drive to work and to take public transport instead. I am excited to run new programs and work with a different population.

I start my new job soon after my birthday in mid-January. I finish my current one on the 7th of January. I’m taking some time off and hopefully, going some place in between the two jobs.

I can’t wait.

It’s going to be a new adventure.

***Linking with Grace for FYBF and Sammy, Shannon, and Karin  for The Ultimate Rabbit Hole***

SANCH_sig1

• Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit
    November 27, 2015 at 6:27 am

How exciting! Gotta love new adventures.
    Great to meet you! Visiting from FYBF.

• Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit
    November 27, 2015 at 6:27 am

How exciting! Gotta love new adventures.
    Great to meet you! Visiting from FYBF.

• Lydia C. Lee
    November 27, 2015 at 6:46 am

How exciting – congrats!
    Lydia C. Lee recently posted…Xmas gift guide for the hard to buy forMy Profile

• Lydia C. Lee
    November 27, 2015 at 6:46 am

How exciting – congrats!
    Lydia C. Lee recently posted…Xmas gift guide for the hard to buy forMy Profile

• Min@WriteoftheMiddle
    November 27, 2015 at 6:59 am

Congratulations Sanch! A new job. A new start. So refreshing! 🙂 xo
    Min@WriteoftheMiddle recently posted…The Highs and Lows of Being a First Home BuyerMy Profile

• Min@WriteoftheMiddle
    November 27, 2015 at 6:59 am

Congratulations Sanch! A new job. A new start. So refreshing! 🙂 xo

• Amy @ HandbagMafia
    November 27, 2015 at 7:35 am

This is wonderful news for you! Congratulations- I hope it’s the change you were looking for!
    Amy @ HandbagMafia recently posted…Domestic Violence and Derailing DiscussionMy Profile

• Amy @ HandbagMafia
    November 27, 2015 at 7:35 am

• Zita
    November 27, 2015 at 7:39 am

Yay! I am so happy for you and hope that you will love the school environment!!
    Zita recently posted…Random questions asked while travelling overseas.My Profile

• Zita
    November 27, 2015 at 7:39 am

Yay! I am so happy for you and hope that you will love the school environment!!

• Mandy, Barbie Bieber and Beyond
    November 27, 2015 at 9:23 am

Wow, good luck and congratulations, Nothing like a change!
    Mandy, Barbie Bieber and Beyond recently posted…What Did You Achieve Today? #lookwhatiachievedMy Profile

• Mandy, Barbie Bieber and Beyond
    November 27, 2015 at 9:23 am

Wow, good luck and congratulations, Nothing like a change!

• Deborah
    November 27, 2015 at 9:56 am

Sanch, the job sounds great. Not sure what sort of psychology work you’ve been doing but think it would be a worthwhile experience to work with young people (and in a supportive educational environment). I’m sure you’ll love it but do understand that sad feeling of having to farewell colleagues who’ve become friends.

Looking forward to hearing how the new job goes.
    Deborah recently posted…Book review: Fall by Candice FoxMy Profile

• Deborah
    November 27, 2015 at 9:56 am

Looking forward to hearing how the new job goes.
    Deborah recently posted…Book review: Fall by Candice FoxMy Profile

• Natalie @ Our Parallel Connection
    November 27, 2015 at 10:36 am

Congratulations. A change is as good as a holiday they say and a new job can make life that much brighter.
    Natalie @ Our Parallel Connection recently posted…#JustBecause 7 – Make a differenceMy Profile

• Natalie @ Our Parallel Connection
    November 27, 2015 at 10:36 am

• Vanessa
    November 27, 2015 at 1:07 pm

It sounds like it was time for a change! Good luck in the new job.
    Vanessa recently posted…$94.52 Grocery ShopMy Profile

• Vanessa
    November 27, 2015 at 1:07 pm

It sounds like it was time for a change! Good luck in the new job.
    Vanessa recently posted…$94.52 Grocery ShopMy Profile

• Niki @ Wonderfully Women
    November 27, 2015 at 3:31 pm

Congratulations, I hope you love your new job, great way to start the new year. xx N

• Niki @ Wonderfully Women
    November 27, 2015 at 3:31 pm

• Avada Kedavra
    November 27, 2015 at 5:21 pm

Congrats PB! Wishing you good luck for the new job.
    Btw I changed my blog url. Have linked the new url with this comment.
    Avada Kedavra recently posted…Fresh startMy Profile

• Avada Kedavra
    November 27, 2015 at 5:21 pm

Congrats PB! Wishing you good luck for the new job.
    Btw I changed my blog url. Have linked the new url with this comment.
    Avada Kedavra recently posted…Fresh startMy Profile

• simple girl
    November 27, 2015 at 5:44 pm

OMG.. hugs Sanch and congratulations 🙂 … Wish you all the very best 🙂

• simple girl
    November 27, 2015 at 5:44 pm

OMG.. hugs Sanch and congratulations 🙂 … Wish you all the very best 🙂

• John Holton
    November 28, 2015 at 5:31 am

Congratulations! I hope things work out well for you.
    John Holton recently posted…The Friday Five: Christmas Surf!My Profile

• John Holton
    November 28, 2015 at 5:31 am

Congratulations! I hope things work out well for you.
    John Holton recently posted…The Friday Five: Christmas Surf!My Profile

• Aditi
    November 28, 2015 at 7:17 am

Cheers to new beginnings! All the best, Sanch!
    Aditi recently posted…Rules of Engagement @blogchatter #blogchatterMy Profile

• Aditi
    November 28, 2015 at 7:17 am

Cheers to new beginnings! All the best, Sanch!
    Aditi recently posted…Rules of Engagement @blogchatter #blogchatterMy Profile

• Paula
    November 28, 2015 at 9:32 am

Congratulations! 🙂
    Paula recently posted…Fantasy Friday – The Red Queen by Victoria AveyardMy Profile

• Paula
    November 28, 2015 at 9:32 am

Congratulations! 🙂

• Parul
    November 29, 2015 at 2:54 am

All the best Sanch! New beginnings like this are an important part of life and you will do well.
    Parul recently posted…Photo Friday #2 – GlassMy Profile

• Parul
    November 29, 2015 at 2:54 am

Parul recently posted…Photo Friday #2 – GlassMy Profile

• Naman Kumar
    November 30, 2015 at 2:05 am

Best of luck and congratulations. I’m first time here on your blog and loved it very much. I’m a blogger at Naman’s Board. Naman Board is a hub for English writings including science fiction, poems, quotes, essay on Life, Motivation, Inspirational.

Hope to see you very soon there.

I get to know about your blog from Indibloggers. Keep in touch!

Naman Kumar
    Naman Kumar recently posted…Be Thankfull Be HealthyMy Profile

• Naman Kumar
    November 30, 2015 at 2:05 am

Hope to see you very soon there.

I get to know about your blog from Indibloggers. Keep in touch!

Naman Kumar
    Naman Kumar recently posted…Be Thankfull Be HealthyMy Profile

• Goodbye 2015 - Living my Imperfect Life
    December 28, 2015 at 6:03 am

[…] In November, I had finished uni for good and had handed in all my assignments. I tried NaNoWriMo but somehow, lost my mojo to write after a week. Unfortunately, this spilled over to my blog and even though I had ideas, the posts just wouldn’t come. I was also preoccupied by a job offer I got at the start of the month but waiting for all the paperwork to arrive. It finally did arrive and I was able to tell my manager about it. I started seeing some light in terms of new beginnings. […]

• Goodbye 2015 - Living my Imperfect Life
    December 28, 2015 at 6:03 am

• My biggest strength #MondayMusings - Living my Imperfect Life
    January 27, 2016 at 8:24 pm

[…] new hobbies, meet new people and set up a new life in a new country. Bravery is what helps me move to new jobs in spite of being comfortable in one. Sometimes, bravery is what helps me face a new day. It takes […]

• My biggest strength #MondayMusings - Living my Imperfect Life