Kitty Kapers

Meow from Buttons

A very big Meow to you all. Many, many months ago, mum allowed Pebbles to write on her blog. She said I would get a turn next but I never did. I waited and waited until I couldn’t handle the unfairness anymeow. I told mum she liked Pebbles better. I think that made her feel guilty so here I am!

In case you haven’t read mum’s blog, I am the second cat. Mum got me from a rescue when I was 16 weeks old. At first, Pebbles didn’t like me an hissed at me. We took some time to get used to each other. I didn’t mind her but I wasn’t going to submit to her. Once we got used to each other though, mum was happy. I am a few months younger than Pebbles. But I make sure she knows I am the boss. How do I do that? Well, sometimes, if she is sitting in the sun or even sitting on one of the chairs in the house, I’ll jump up and swipe her. She gets off the chair and I take her spot. Because, like I said, I am the boss of the house.

I am a very laid back cat and I do like my humans. I like all humans but mum is my favourite. Pebbles thinks I don’t  love mum enough because I will roll on my back for everybody. That might be a pawfectly good reason for Pebbles but I love mum. I make sure mum knows as I give her love bites on her nose or purr endlessly next to her. I also love cuddling with mum and have her spoon me.

IMG_6944buttons2

Mum reckons I’m fat and Pebbles sometimes makes fun of me. Dad calls me ‘fatty’ too. It hurts my feelings but they don’t seem to understand. No matter how hard I try, I just can’t seem to lose those last two kilos. In the end I just give up, tell myself I’m purrfect and eat all the food! My days are usually spent waking up when mum wakes up, sitting with her or on her lap when she’s on the toilet, waiting outside the bathroom when she showers, wandering in between her feet when she’s rushing around and then flopping on the bed or the couch to rest till she gets home. I’ll get up to eat and then go back to my spot.

Things I like to do: Eat, sleep, purr, wind myself between people’s feet, eat, sleep, purr, attack Pebbles, eat, sleep, purr, wait for mum outside the bathroom, eat, sleep, purr, roll on my back, cuddle with mum.

Things I dislike: My body {I have body imeowge problems!}, the vacuum cleaner, thunderstorms {I hide under the bed}, scary movies, sudden loud noises.

That’s me in a catshell. I’m a purrfectly friendly kitty so don’t you go believing those people who tell you cats don’t like humans. We do. You just gotta be nice to us. Oh, and I almost forgot. Mum has the most pawsome thing for us — an Instagram page. You should follow us there!

Do you have a cat? Say meow from me!

***Linking with Jess for IBOT and Write Tribe for Day 3 of the Festival of Words Challenge***

SANCH_sig1

31 Comments

Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit
    July 12, 2016 at 6:46 am

Meow!!!
    Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit recently posted…Day 2462 – Back to RealityMy Profile

Victoria
    July 12, 2016 at 7:07 am

Greetings from Vivian, Hallie, Elsa, Stella, Dinah, Gary, and Casey in Virginia!

Seana Smith
    July 12, 2016 at 7:11 am

A meow to you from Pluto and Purrdy who live here, we are rescue cats too. Our mum met you at Ash’s yoga. She is very stiff but we are flexible, so she just needs to copy our poses.
    Seana Smith recently posted…Saving Money (And The World) With Mojo PowerMy Profile

Ashleigh My Meow
    July 12, 2016 at 7:23 am

Meow buttons! Don’t listen to those humans. Nothing wrong with a bit of pudge.
    Ashleigh My Meow recently posted…Tails on Tuesday: Hello From The Little OneMy Profile

Amy @ HandbagMafia
    July 12, 2016 at 8:07 am

kitties need a bit of chub to keep warm, so you’re actually being very sensible, Pebbles!
    Amy @ HandbagMafia recently posted…Black Lives MatterMy Profile

Vanessa
    July 12, 2016 at 9:20 am

Vala says woof!

Renee Wilson
    July 12, 2016 at 10:12 am

Very cute 🙂

Jayanthy G
    July 12, 2016 at 12:34 pm

Purrfect post!

Dashy
    July 12, 2016 at 3:05 pm

Meow buttons! Very nice to meowt you! Your post is very cute, I’d really like to see you around here more. ? And hey, don’t let the humans get you down, fat is beautiful ?
    Dashy recently posted…The Lover – 3 of #Seven AgesMy Profile

Shilpa Gupte
    July 12, 2016 at 3:28 pm

Hey, Sanch, that was such a cute post from Buttons! Or, should I go tell that to Buttons?
    But, really, this feels so good! I could imagine Buttons and her life, revolving around you and her family. I don’t have a cat, but, I have a dog, Chikoo, and he has been more or less like Buttons. He, too, used to give me company as I sat in the toilet, and sat outside the door when I had a bath. Now, he is very old and prefers sleeping all day long. Sadly, he can’t follow me around as he has arthritic legs which give him a lot of pain.
    I am surely going to follow your two babies on Instagram, Sanch!
    Loved this post very very much! 🙂 <3

Mahati ramya
    July 12, 2016 at 3:41 pm

Iha ha.. meow to buttons. Even she has body image problems? Oh God? Will she start dieting too.. ?enjoyed the lovely post Sanch.
    Mahati ramya recently posted…My Love for Instagram – WT Festival #day3My Profile

Rajlakshmi
    July 12, 2016 at 4:00 pm

Awww I could actually hear a cute mewy voice reading this post. It’s absoultely adorable 😀 You both are so lucky to have each other 😀
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…Zentangle & Botanical DrawingMy Profile

Ankita
    July 12, 2016 at 5:33 pm

I love love love this post. It’s absolutely adorable.

JF Gibson
    July 12, 2016 at 8:07 pm

Well meow to you Buttons! I’m now following you on Instagram. 🙂
    JF Gibson recently posted…European Vacation WrapMy Profile

Bec Senyard
    July 12, 2016 at 8:19 pm

I best not tell you I’m more a dog person. But Hi Buttons. x

Suzy
    July 12, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Nice to know you Buttons. I don’t have any furry friends but students of the school I went to are called Cats. I was a Cat once now I’m an ex Cat Meow.
    Suzy recently posted…Remembering #Songs – Moon RiverMy Profile

Janet
    July 12, 2016 at 8:28 pm

Hello sweet Buttons! We have just adopted a second kitty to be a playmate for Miss Fleur. But like Pebbles, she isn’t real sure just yet. They are tolerating each other but we’ve noticed Fleur is definitely the more aggressive/dominant/territorial one, and often hisses at Seth. Luckily Seth is pretty laid back and chilled like yourself. I hope they will become best friends soon!
    Janet recently posted…Messy House and GardenMy Profile

Sheethal
    July 12, 2016 at 11:04 pm

Buttons, Nice to know you lil one. 🙂
    Sheethal recently posted…Love hidden inside the pages …My Profile

matheikal
    July 12, 2016 at 11:49 pm

Of late, a cat from somewhere has become a frequent visitor when I sit outside home. It comes and fondles itself against my legs. If I don’t respond it just leaves. No complaints.

Mithila Menezes @fabulus1710
    July 13, 2016 at 12:23 am

Just purrfect! Even though I’m not that inclined to pets and animals and prefer running away from them as soon as possible, I stayed on to listen to Button’s ameowzing post!
    A cat lover’s delight, this post ?
    Mithila Menezes @fabulus1710 recently posted…The Autumn Plot – Part 3 #WriteTribeMy Profile

Sunaina Bhatia
    July 13, 2016 at 9:21 pm

Cats are purrfect pets, aren’t they? My kids love them so much and often ask me to get one but owing to me rent agreement, I cannot keep them. And hey Buttons, you are adorable…..when someone says fat, you should know that they mean Fascinating, Adorable and Terrific…..:)
    Sunaina Bhatia recently posted…Lesson From the SeamstressMy Profile

J.Gi Federizo
    July 13, 2016 at 9:45 pm

Love the pics! What that pink thing on Buttons’ nose? (May I also say Iove that name?) Meeeoooowww!!!!
    J.Gi Federizo recently posted…My Breast ~ Joyce WadlerMy Profile

Athena
    July 14, 2016 at 7:58 pm

Hello, Buttons! Nice to meet you 🙂

I am now following you on Instagram!

Purrs xx
    Athena
    Athena recently posted…Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

Kylie Purtell
    July 17, 2016 at 6:11 pm

I miss having a cat and I still haven’t convinced Dave to let us get one. I grew up with cats but Dave didn’t, so there is a bit of a barrier there, he just doesn’t get them!
    #teamIBOT

EssentiallyJess
    July 18, 2016 at 10:07 pm

If I let my cat blog, he would just whinge about how I don’t let him sleep on all the clothes and put his fur everywhere. I think he might hate me because of it.
    EssentiallyJess recently posted…The Obernewtyn Chronicles: When Friends recommend books #IBOTMy Profile