Life

In my bag #FridayReflections

Over my years of working, I’ve changed the types of bags I’ve used. I’ve used tote bags and messenger bags. I’ve tried a regular handbag and backpacks. Some have been dependent on my mood, others have been dependent on my mode of transport. Currently, here’s what my bag looks like:

It’s two years old and I’ve used it on and off and also when I travelled through Canada and the U.S. It’s easier to use when I’m driving to work as I can carry my lunch separately.

So what’s in the bag? Here’s a look:

1. A book. I always carry a book and I’m currently reading The Rosie Effect.
  2. My laptop. Just in case I get a chance to blog or write.
  3. Medications – sinus tablets {yay sinusitis!}, anti-histamines and paracetamol
  4. Tissues.
  5. Pencil case with pens, pencil and USB.
  6. Wallet.
  7. Notebook. To jot down my gazillion ideas.
  8. My Filofax organiser. Can’t live without my diary.
  9. Chewing gum.
  10. Keys to my car and home.

So that’s my bag. What about you?

What’s in your bag?

Do share!

If you are new to Friday Reflections, here’s what it’s about. It’s the end of the week, you’re probably exhausted with work, and all you want to do is sit back, put your feet up, sip on some fancy cocktail or wine, and write away.

Corinne from Everyday Gyaan and yours truly give you writing prompts and all you have to do is choose any one of those prompts to blog about and link up every Friday. The link will be open till the Monday. After you link up, be sure to spread the love by visiting other bloggers who have linked up too.

Feel free to add our Friday Reflections badge to your post or sidebar! Follow us on Twitter @FridayReflect and join our Facebook Group. Share your post on social media with the hashtag #FridayReflections.

Prompts for this week:
1. What’s in your bag/purse? Share a picture and write something about the items
2. If you could re-take a class from your school or uni days, which would it be
3. If time froze for everyone for an hour but you, what would you do? Get creative!
4. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” – Maya Angelou
5. Picture Prompt (via everydaygyaan.com)

Our featured writer for last week was Ankita for her driving force! You can be our featured writer for next week. All you have to do is write a post on one of the prompts, share and link up. And don’t forget, you can now vote for your favourite post of the week from Monday.

18 Comments

Looking Back To Go Forward #FridayReflections - Everyday Gyaan
    December 16, 2016 at 3:26 am

[…] to do is sit back, put your feet up, sip on some fancy cocktail or wine, and write away. Sanch of Living My Imperfect Life and Everyday Gyaan give you writing prompts and all you have to do is choose any one of those […]

Looking Back To Go Forward #FridayReflections - Everyday Gyaan
    December 16, 2016 at 3:26 am

Corinne Rodrigues
    December 16, 2016 at 3:42 am

Interesting. My bag is a lot messier – but there’s a lot of similar stuff, except that I carry my Kindle instead of a book.
    Corinne Rodrigues recently posted…Looking Back To Go Forward #FridayReflectionsMy Profile

Corinne Rodrigues
    December 16, 2016 at 3:42 am

Astrid
    December 16, 2016 at 8:10 am

I love learning about what’s in people’s bags. Mine has a lot of random stuff in it, like CDs with audio magazines on them. Not that I have a portable CD player with me, but I get those CDs delivered at my husband’s and keep forgetting to empty my bag once back at my place. By the way, I had no idea organizers still existed in the age of SmartPhones.
    Astrid recently posted…Classes #FridayReflectionsMy Profile

Astrid
    December 16, 2016 at 8:10 am

Astrid recently posted…Classes #FridayReflectionsMy Profile

Ramya
    December 16, 2016 at 1:34 pm

My bag will surely have my mobile, wallet, extra ear rings and bindi. After kids, a diaper and baby wipes are also becoming mandatory ☺
    Ramya recently posted…My favourite baby products #MondayMommyMommentsMy Profile

Ramya
    December 16, 2016 at 1:34 pm

Ramya recently posted…My favourite baby products #MondayMommyMommentsMy Profile

Vanessa
    December 16, 2016 at 4:17 pm

I’ve moved to a backpack for weekdays as I just find it’s easier for my long commute (carrying food and drink just gets too sore with a handbag sometimes). I also keep a good stock of sinus medication on me!

Vanessa
    December 16, 2016 at 4:17 pm

Frozen – broken blue bubbles
    December 17, 2016 at 1:04 am

[…] Well, that’s it folks! A post after a long break from blogging. I’m linking this post to the Friday Reflections linky at Sanch’s blog. […]

Frozen – broken blue bubbles
    December 17, 2016 at 1:04 am

Shalini R
    December 17, 2016 at 1:51 am

Gee, they say a woman carries the world in her bag and how true is that! I would be having my kindle instead of the book. And I should write for this prompt. It’s awesome 😀
    Shalini R recently posted…For my next Birthday #FridayReflectionsMy Profile

Shalini R
    December 17, 2016 at 1:51 am

Shalini R recently posted…For my next Birthday #FridayReflectionsMy Profile

The Unknown Journey Ahead
    December 17, 2016 at 4:25 am

I carry a purse and a larger bag. My purse includes my keys, phone, library card, appointment card, wallet and various messy items I won’t describe further. You are brave to take a picture.

The Unknown Journey Ahead