Gratitude

10 things that made me happy {Week 32}

It’s time for another edition of looking back at a week of what made me happy. I’ve been sick for most of the week and not exercised at all which means, I’m in a bit of a funk. It started with a sore throat on Thursday last week. I felt a bit better on Friday but Saturday it worsened, and then Sunday, I was sick again. Then during the week, my sinuses were killing me. I’m better today after some steam inhalation last night. So while it does sound like I moaning and groaning, I’ll move on to 10 things that made me happy from April 1st to 7th.

Writing my poetry for the letters A to F and getting some wonderful feedback.

Loving learning different forms of poetry thanks to my theme for the A to Z Challenge

Connecting and reading so many blogs for the A to Z Challenge

Watching The Good Wife on Netflix on Sunday while sick

Realising management is hard but loving my team for their support

Being able to wear tights and boots now that the weather is cooler

Having homemade Tom Yum soup for lunch every day

Going out for dinner on Friday night — it’s been ages!

Getting some much needed sleep due to being sick

Turmeric latte

That was my week. Able to see some silver linings amidst all the gloom of sickness and stress.

How was your week?

Do share!

***Linking with Lindsey and Charlotte for What’s up Weekend and Paula, Sammie, Jess and Shari for The Ultimate Rabbit Hole***

Photo by Catherine McMahon on Unsplash

34 Comments

jess
    April 9, 2017 at 9:07 am

Tom Yum soup is my favourite, and how awesome that the weather is getting cooler (I’m definitely a winter lover!).

Sanch Writes
      April 9, 2017 at 9:18 am

I’m not a winter lover at all but trying to see the silver lining 🙂 Hope you’re having a lovely weekend!

jess
    April 9, 2017 at 9:07 am

Sanch Writes
      April 9, 2017 at 9:18 am

Kalpanaa
    April 9, 2017 at 11:44 am

Hope you’re feeling better now. Sounds like a good week all in all. Been enjoying your poetry. I want to see the kittens.

Kalpanaa
    April 9, 2017 at 11:44 am

joe
    April 9, 2017 at 4:55 pm

Turmeric latte ?
    Never had it before…… must try it (I know turmeric is good)
    joe recently posted…Manga ChammandiMy Profile

Sanch Writes
      April 9, 2017 at 5:38 pm

Hehe…it’s a hipster way of saying milk with turmeric, pepper, chilli, cardamom, and cloves!

joe
    April 9, 2017 at 4:55 pm

Turmeric latte ?
    Never had it before…… must try it (I know turmeric is good)
    joe recently posted…Manga ChammandiMy Profile

Sanch Writes
      April 9, 2017 at 5:38 pm

Corinne Rodrigues
    April 10, 2017 at 1:30 am

Sorry to know that you were unwell.
    Tom Yum – is one of my favourite soups. I love making it at home too.

Corinne Rodrigues
    April 10, 2017 at 1:30 am

Sorry to know that you were unwell.
    Tom Yum – is one of my favourite soups. I love making it at home too.

Pratikshya
    April 10, 2017 at 3:13 am

Hi … Hope you have recovered now… Haven’t tried turmeric in latte.. 🙂 sounds medicinal… It should help the sore throat…
    My week was good time spent with family, shopping list all covered for the first few summer weeks… Had been to the beach just at sunrise. Enjoyed the cool sea breeze…
    That’s all.. 🙂

Pratikshya
    April 10, 2017 at 3:13 am

That’s all.. 🙂

Nabanita
    April 10, 2017 at 4:43 am

Hope you are feeling better now. I had a hectic week. I’m just waiting for some relaxed days and eating out too. It’s been ages.
    Nabanita recently posted…#FeministMondays | Women, Realize Your Worth. Please.My Profile

Nabanita
    April 10, 2017 at 4:43 am

Shilpa Gupte
    April 10, 2017 at 4:25 pm

That’s what we are supposed to do, Sanch – look at the silver lining, count our blessings and look for some happy moments during the rough weather. I hope you feel better soonest!
    My week was fine, too! Baked some cupcakes, did some sketches – which did not turn out as expected, but I learnt something from my mistakes during sketching, so that’s good! I also managed to do some introspection and came to a conclusion that I need to work harder to be the best version of myself. That’s all! 🙂
    Let’s hope our present week and the coming weeks all go smoothly! <3

Shilpa Gupte
    April 10, 2017 at 4:25 pm

Let’s hope our present week and the coming weeks all go smoothly! <3

Shari from GoodFoodWeek
    April 10, 2017 at 4:27 pm

I do enjoy wearing boots – but I am still not sure that I am that happy about this cool change. Thanks for linking up with the Ultimate Rabbit Hole xox
    Shari from GoodFoodWeek recently posted…Life: The Ultimate Rabbit Hole – parenthood and those who blog about it…My Profile

Sanch Writes
      April 10, 2017 at 7:26 pm

Yeah me neither…trying to look for silver linings! 😛

Shari from GoodFoodWeek
    April 10, 2017 at 4:27 pm

Sanch Writes
      April 10, 2017 at 7:26 pm

Yeah me neither…trying to look for silver linings! 😛

Vasantha Vivek
    April 10, 2017 at 8:59 pm

Have not heard about Turmeric Latte. Enjoyed reading about 10 things that made you happy this week. Writing my gratitude list for March 2017 made me happy this week.
    Vasantha Vivek recently posted…So Much To Be Grateful For….. #GratitudeCircleBlogHopMy Profile

Vasantha Vivek
    April 10, 2017 at 8:59 pm

Anthea
    April 10, 2017 at 9:57 pm

Hope you are feeling better. We are also getting cooler weather in Cape Town – not fond of winter but trying to look for positives!

Anthea
    April 10, 2017 at 9:57 pm

Eli
    April 11, 2017 at 8:40 am

Oh, great, that¨s a lot of things to feel happy ans grateful about! Wearing a tights, being one- loved it. Great post:-)
    Eli recently posted…A ray of sunshineMy Profile

Eli
    April 11, 2017 at 8:40 am

Eli recently posted…A ray of sunshineMy Profile

texerinsydney
    April 11, 2017 at 5:32 pm

You mention tights and boots with the cooler weather; I was happy to wear a hoodie 🙂
    I wish I had the time (I know this is one of those regular complaints by so many of us) to be able to dig in and explore new-to-me blogs like you mention with your A to Z blog challenge.
    texerinsydney recently posted…I show you my books, you show me yours… vol.27My Profile

texerinsydney
    April 11, 2017 at 5:32 pm

Lindsay
    April 12, 2017 at 4:32 am

Oh my word.. HAPPY TUESDAY my dear!! 🙂 I hope you had a lovely weekend and your week is going smoothly. I’ve been parked on your blog since yesterday, with good intentions but time. WHERE DOES THE TIME GO?! lol

I bet your turmeric latte was great. It’s kind of ironic, I’m celebrating spring and the nicer weather now that the snow is gone and you guys over in Australia are starting to cool off and bundle up.

I hope you’re feeling better hun. xo

Lindsay
    April 12, 2017 at 4:32 am

I hope you’re feeling better hun. xo

Fabida Abdulla
    April 13, 2017 at 3:20 pm

The little pleasures of life are truly the greatest, right? I think you got some much needed rest and relaxation to make up for the sick days!

Fabida Abdulla