Gratitude

10 things that made me happy {Week 33}

What a week! A short one but an overwhelming one for me. I’m still figuring out my thoughts and feelings around things but at the same time, I’m ready to reflect on things that made me happy from 8th April till 14th April 2017.

Enjoying the beautiful autumn weather now that the rain has stopped

Exercising every day this week {Well, Monday to Friday, at least!}

Book club on Wednesday night — less chat about the book but lovely conversation for over 2 hours

Baking after a very long time and having my work family enjoy it

Spending some time on Sunday by the lake reading

Reading a beautiful book of poetry {Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur}

Having a short work week {Gotta love Easter time for the long weekend!}

Driving  up north and checking out some new areas

Spending time in nature by the sea

Writing poetry on the blog and in my journal and enjoying it

I’m looking forward to continuing to enjoy the long weekend – catch up on sleep, reading, writing, commenting on A to Z blogs, and of course, Netflix.

Have you got plans for the long weekend? How has your week been?

Do share!

***Linking with Charlotte and Lindsay for What’s up Weekend and Sammie, Paula, Jess and Shari for The Ultimate Rabbit Hole***

Photo by Catherine McMahon on Unsplash

13 Comments

jess
    April 15, 2017 at 10:37 am

Sounds like you have been quite busy! I’m loving the extra-long weekend, its a chance to catch my breath and have some much needed down time 🙂

jess
    April 15, 2017 at 10:37 am

texerinsydney
    April 15, 2017 at 7:41 pm

I love that you are taking advantage of the beautiful scenery to get outside, smell the fresh air, and read.
    texerinsydney recently posted…Happy thingsMy Profile

texerinsydney
    April 15, 2017 at 7:41 pm

texerinsydney recently posted…Happy thingsMy Profile

Marisa
    April 16, 2017 at 1:25 am

Reading by the lake sounds wonderful. and I’ve heard so many good things about Milk and Honey, I may just have to go pick it up today.

Marisa
    April 16, 2017 at 1:25 am

Paula, The Geeky Shopaholic
    April 16, 2017 at 2:33 am

This sounds like a lovely week! And it makes me want to take a trip to the Lake!
    Paula, The Geeky Shopaholic recently posted…The Ultimate Rabbit Hole #113My Profile

Paula, The Geeky Shopaholic
    April 16, 2017 at 2:33 am

Sammie @ The Annoyed Thyroid
    April 16, 2017 at 4:41 am

I’m with you… Loving the long weekend, the break in the rain and all the Netflix my heart desires! I saw your beautiful bake on Instagram, I bet it tasted as amazing as it looked! Wouldn’t it be nice if every weekend was four days long?!
    Sammie @ The Annoyed Thyroid recently posted…The Ultimate Rabbit Hole #113My Profile

Sammie @ The Annoyed Thyroid
    April 16, 2017 at 4:41 am

Lindsay
    April 20, 2017 at 3:21 am

Sanchie, I haven’t forgotten about you. My week has just been swallowed up (what else is new? Lol)
    I hope you had a lovely and LONG Easter weekend. I didn’t nap like I wanted to but mine was still nice and we spent our first big holiday with Jeff’s dad since the passing of his mom and it went well. Of course we were all in tears reminiscing on Sunday, it was still beautiful.

Have a great week hun. You’re almost at Friday!! 🙂 xo

Lindsay
    April 20, 2017 at 3:21 am

Have a great week hun. You’re almost at Friday!! 🙂 xo

10 things that made me happy {Week 34} - Sanch Writes
    October 7, 2017 at 12:22 pm

[…] been six months since I last wrote a weekly gratitude post. There have been ups and downs in life and it’s been a rollercoaster. […]