A to Z Challenge Poetry

#Joseph’sStar: Heartbroken #atozchallenge

You
Told me once
You’d always love me
That forever we’d be one
Then you slept with another;
Broke my heart for good
Now there’ll be
None

(c) Sanch Vee @ Sanch Writes (12 April 2017)

***

The Joseph’s Star, a poetry form created by Christina R Jussaume on 08/06/07 in memory of her Dad. This poem has no rhyme, and is written according to syllable counts. Syllables are 1, 3, 5, 7, 7, 5, 3, and 1. The poem may be written on any subject, be centre-aligned, has no stanza limit, and should have complete statements in each line.

This has been written for the 2017 A to Z Challenge

20 Comments

Heidi Kneale (Her Grace)
    April 12, 2017 at 10:53 am

Such a beautiful, heart-breaking poem.
    Love your theme, especially as April is Poetry Month.

Romance Spinners

Shailaja Vishwanath
    April 12, 2017 at 11:35 am

That’s all it takes. One indiscretion, one moment of weakness to undo everything you’ve built up and worked for over months and years. How I wish this weren’t so but sigh. Loving the diamond structure in this one.

Shilpa Garg
    April 12, 2017 at 11:56 am

Aah! That’s sad. Betrayal erodes not only the physical and mental strength but also self-esteem,and shakes the very foundation. Another lovely poem, Sanch!

Shawna Atteberry
    April 12, 2017 at 12:02 pm

I’ve never seen this poem form. I like it.

SHALINI BAISIWALA
    April 12, 2017 at 1:45 pm

First up I love the structure – it looks amazing!! Secondly I hope you are considering the ebook – this is a reasure trove theme of yours and you must compile it up!!! Loved the feel of the poem! The heartbreak and disappointment comes out so clear.

Theme: Peregrination Chronicles (travel)
    J is for Japanese dancers in the hot sands of Pushkar #atozchallenge

Sreesha
    April 12, 2017 at 2:36 pm

Ah, Sanch, your words… they just break my heart.

This form is like a combination of a haiku and a diamante (in my head at least). The syllables and the structure, I mean.

Bellybytes
    April 12, 2017 at 3:39 pm

What do I like more your images or your poetry? Another wonderful work that is just haunting

Geets
    April 12, 2017 at 5:12 pm

The diamond structure looks wonderful! And how just one simple mistake destroys everything one builds in a relationship.

Cheers

Vinodini
    April 12, 2017 at 7:36 pm

I wonder how you string your words together to form a shape like this. Deception is the worst of the things to encounter.

Suzy
    April 12, 2017 at 8:40 pm

Another Your poem tells a story that happens more often than not.

Suzy
      April 12, 2017 at 8:41 pm

what happened to my sentence – I meant to say another interesting form.

Sheethal
    April 12, 2017 at 9:08 pm

Beautiful. Somehow the structure and poem goes hand in hand.

Shalini R
    April 12, 2017 at 9:30 pm

That’s heartbreaking, truly.
    Love the shape of the poem. Like a diamond. It is because of the syllable rule, I guess 🙂

Team MocktailMommies
    April 12, 2017 at 9:46 pm

What a wise and lovely choice of words to express the gamut of emotions! And appreciate the fine balance you had to make a Joseph’s star! Incredible!!!!
    ————————————————–
    Anagha From Team MocktailMommies
    Collage Of Life

Cathy Graham
    April 12, 2017 at 10:30 pm

What a lovely and sad poem! Loved learning about that special poem structure. Good for you doing a whole month of poems in different styles. Hope you’re enjoying the challenge!

Namratha
    April 12, 2017 at 11:33 pm

Strong emotions expressed perfectly in few words. Loving the structure of the poem. Tempted just a teeny-tiny bit to try writing some poetry after reading yours every day. Will be back:)

Celebrating ‘Women & their work’ all April @NamySaysSo A Journalist Who Will Never Be

Soumya
    April 13, 2017 at 12:21 am

And a heartbreak it is! Infidelity is a deal breaker, always.
    Love the star structure, it does look beautiful.

Roshan Radhakrishnan
    April 13, 2017 at 1:23 am

Nice structure… re-read after finding out the ‘each line must make sense individually’ bit… seriously, well done in preparing really excellent examples for each.

Kaddu
    April 13, 2017 at 3:12 am

This form sounds simple enough. Center align makes sense for this. Betrayal is hurtful like nothing else.
    Happy AtoZing!
    Chicky @ http://www.mysteriouskaddu.com

Menaka Bharathi
    April 13, 2017 at 9:17 pm

That’s truly a heart breaking poem with lots of emotions…Yes betrayal and heartbroken is brought out well in the lines
    *Menaka Bharathi *