Poetry

Life of Pie #Barathon

My love for food knows no bounds
Both sweet and savoury I adore
I’ll have a treat for no valid grounds
Chocolate, chips, spicy food galore
Ice-creams, biscuits, pies and more
Now, years after eating all this food
Is killing my heart and doing no good

(c) Sanch V @ Sanch Writes (19 June 2017)

***

This has been written as part of the Bar-A-Thon 2 Challenge prompt Life of Pie. I have also managed to use the theme ‘Seven‘ by using the poetic form Rime Royal which is a seven-line stanza with the rhyme scheme a/b/a/b/b/c/c/

18 Comments

Shivi chinnappa
    June 19, 2017 at 6:40 am

Really loved the rhyming poem.. but the content makes me think about my diet.. you are describing me here. Eating all kind of unhealthy foods.. but I am yet to awake from my denial mind , think its high time to think about my heart ( or health??!!!)

Shivi chinnappa
    June 19, 2017 at 6:42 am

I think * …. Sorry for the typo *

Zainab
    June 19, 2017 at 7:30 am

Nice take on the pie!?
    Zainab recently posted…7 Deadly Sins – 2My Profile

Shalini
    June 19, 2017 at 12:53 pm

We are all guilty of it Sanch- have done our bits of binge eating and now following up healthy diets and foods….. struggling with ailments due to our lifestyles. Loved the poem and the thought behind it.

DeeDee
    June 19, 2017 at 3:10 pm

Moment I saw the Red Velvet cake picture early in the morning, I went like *Swooooonnnn*
    Lovely poem
    Click to Read my #Barathon2017 Seven Deadly Sins posts

Roshan
    June 19, 2017 at 4:09 pm

As Shivi mentioned above, this could just as well be me! Story of my Life… I need to get into some fitness regime before it is too late.
    Roshan recently posted…14 movies that were better than their books (and 14 that were just as good) #BarathonMy Profile

Akshata
    June 19, 2017 at 4:44 pm

For the love of food! I am a foodie too but addiction is chocolates, ice creams and lots of chicken ?
    Akshata recently posted…ORANGE Tree- #BarAThonMy Profile

Neha
    June 19, 2017 at 6:05 pm

We are all guilty of this! I started minding what I eat after my kids, as before I could make them eat healthy I had to make it a way of life for myself
    Neha recently posted…Each child feels ignoredMy Profile

Asmita
    June 19, 2017 at 6:29 pm

This is pie-licious 🙂

apsster @ Little Heart Speaks

Balaka
    June 19, 2017 at 8:11 pm

That is me you are talking about…I just love to eat

Shilpa Gupte
    June 19, 2017 at 9:23 pm

Oh yes, how we have always love food and indulged ourselves crazy. Now, we have to drive ourselves crazier in order to burn those piled up calories! 😀
    Cute poem, Sanch!

kavita
    June 20, 2017 at 4:44 am

“No valid grounds” are for so me when it comes to food LOL. Loves it @momtastciworld (Kavita)

Shilpa Garg
    June 20, 2017 at 2:37 pm

Ah! That’s the story of my life too. It’s high time I give up on these cravings for they are beginning to show! SIGH!

Venice
    June 20, 2017 at 3:34 pm

I too am a foodie, sometimes I feel that I think more about food than anything else 😛 Jokes aside, I love the way you bring us new forms of poetry and the creative way you employ the prompts in them! You have my deepest admiration, lady 🙂

Manisha Garg
    June 20, 2017 at 4:56 pm

Reading this post my heart craves for desserts..

Mithila Menezes @fabulus1710
    June 21, 2017 at 12:19 am

I’d rather eat all the sweet things I want (and not worry about the consequences ever) than limit my diet now. If my doctor reads this……

Loved your poem, Sanch! You’re doing an awesome job with these prompts and Rime Royal. 🙂
    Mithila Menezes @fabulus1710 recently posted…#Barathon Day 2: Life of PieMy Profile

Beat About the Book
    June 21, 2017 at 2:51 am

Story of my life!
    Beat About the Book recently posted…Lemon Pie CafeMy Profile

Shantala
    June 22, 2017 at 11:32 pm

Love the rhyme, though I must admit to being distracted by the image, as red velvet is my absolute favorite. 🙂
    Shantala recently posted…Anything But Books TagMy Profile