Life

When things happen in threes

You know how there is a belief that bad luck runs in threes. Just in the past month, I’ve had my share of bad things happen. Honestly, if the catastrophe fairy could leave me, now would be a good time!

A month ago, my relationship ended. That sucked big time. It still does but I am taking it one day at a time. Some days are better than others. The nights though, are the hardest. And the weekends {except for the most recent one when I kept busy}.

Then exactly two weeks ago, I had a car accident. It wasn’t a major one. It was on my street, I was driving slowly but misjudged the distance between my car and a parked car on the bend and crashed into it. Yeah. Bad. The damage to my poor little car was bad and it went straight to the smash repairs. A huge shoutout to my insurance company (NRMA) for being awesome. Within a couple of hours, I had dropped my car off, had a hire car booked — all under insurance. I hopefully get my car back tomorrow but yeah, it’d not nice having a cut in my no-claim bonus.

My poor Penny

Finally, to top off the three catastrophe, today, my phone fell in water. In the toilet. At work. And because you are thinking it – no, there was nothing in the water. It was clean. The phone was in my jacket pocket which was unzipped and fell out right into the pot. I dried it and bought some rice and soaked it in that. But I’m sceptical and not sure it will be revived. The screen turns on but the touch and swipes don’t work. Which basically means, the phone doesn’t work.

I’m a bit over it all. Sure, I know things could be worse but still. It’s inconvenient because I’m driving to a new place tomorrow and therefore will need to rely on printed out maps. In a car that I would have just gotten after crashing it two weeks ago. By myself as I don’t have a partner who could tell the directions.

It probably sounds like I’m feeling sorry for myself and maybe I did have some moments of those after the car but I did laugh today.

After all, if you can’t laugh at these catastrophes, life would seem miserable!

Have you had catastrophes in threes?

Do share!

Photo by Nikhil Mitra on Unsplash

18 Comments

Vanessa
    June 29, 2017 at 9:11 pm

I think sometimes you just have to laugh! At least with paper directions you can always pull over to re-check them.
    Vanessa recently posted…Tips for Adult Tonsillectomy RecoveryMy Profile

Sanch Writes
      June 29, 2017 at 9:12 pm

True that! It’s driving at night though which makes reading street signs so much harder!

Vanessa
    June 29, 2017 at 9:11 pm

Vanessa recently posted…Tips for Adult Tonsillectomy RecoveryMy Profile

Sanch Writes
      June 29, 2017 at 9:12 pm

Alicia O'Brien
    June 30, 2017 at 9:48 am

It can only get better! x
    Alicia O’Brien recently posted…Tunisian lentil, chickpea and pumpkin casseroleMy Profile

Alicia O'Brien
    June 30, 2017 at 9:48 am

It can only get better! x

Rajlakshmi
    June 30, 2017 at 11:20 am

Woaa that’s really a lot to take in, but I truly believe that you will emerge stronger from this. I am glad that insurance sorted everything out. Take care. Big warm hugs to you!
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…7 Wanderlust postcardsMy Profile

Rajlakshmi
    June 30, 2017 at 11:20 am

Rajlakshmi recently posted…7 Wanderlust postcardsMy Profile

Obsessivemom
    June 30, 2017 at 12:16 pm

Whew – that’s a spot of real bad luck. But at least your car’s back and maybe now that the three things are over and done with things will begin to get better. You take care Sanch. It’s just been a bad month. It’s got to get better.
    Obsessivemom recently posted…Random acts of kindnessMy Profile

Obsessivemom
    June 30, 2017 at 12:16 pm

Obsessivemom recently posted…Random acts of kindnessMy Profile

Rachna
    June 30, 2017 at 12:44 pm

Really sorry that you are having a bad patch, Sanch. Enough to drive anyone nuts but you are doing a good job at keeping good job of staying positive. Hope the iPhone can be revived. Wishing you a better July!

Rachna
    June 30, 2017 at 12:44 pm

Vinitha
    June 30, 2017 at 2:28 pm

It’s hard to deal with when so many things go bad. But things will come around, they always do. ake care, Sanch. July is going to be your lucky month. 🙂
    Vinitha recently posted…Wordless Wednesday 40My Profile

Vinitha
    June 30, 2017 at 2:28 pm

Vinitha recently posted…Wordless Wednesday 40My Profile

Soumya
    June 30, 2017 at 10:08 pm

Catastrophes happen in threes? It seems to be thirties for me 🙁

Too bad about what happened to you Sanch, but hey it can only get better from now, right?

Wishing you a much much better July ahead.
    Soumya recently posted…Why Every Creative Woman Needs A JournalMy Profile

Soumya
    June 30, 2017 at 10:08 pm

Catastrophes happen in threes? It seems to be thirties for me 🙁

Wishing you a much much better July ahead.
    Soumya recently posted…Why Every Creative Woman Needs A JournalMy Profile

Akshata
    June 30, 2017 at 11:11 pm

This too shall pass that’s my mantra. Sending you some good wishes and hugs.

Akshata
    June 30, 2017 at 11:11 pm

This too shall pass that’s my mantra. Sending you some good wishes and hugs.