Life

Over a cup of coffee #FridayReflections

If we were having coffee, I’d apologise for it being a long time between drinks. The last time we spoke was almost two weeks ago. There have been a couple of reasons for not having a cuppa with you. Firstly, NaNoWriMo. As I mentioned at the start of the month, I was going to focus on writing a novel this month. I have so far written 30,000 words and while I’m lagging behind, they are 30,000 words I haven’t written before. I’m continuing to write every day – it might be 200 words some days and 2000 on others.

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that last week was crazy. It was my week before going on leave and all my clients showed up. It’s mentally quite draining which is also why I didn’t have the energy to chat with you over here.

If we were having coffee, I’d let you know I’m enjoying my week off. I’ve been writing a bit, reading a bit, worked on my garden and finished watching Stranger Things season two. I’d also tell you how excited I am that the summer of cricket has begun and it’s the best sport to which you can multitask. I plan to go to the beach today as I have a busy weekend coming up.

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you I wish I had more than one week off. Being burnt out has meant physical and emotional exhaustion. I’ll be hitting the ground running from Monday but I’m also going to keep in mind I have twenty working days left till the end of the year. Just twenty. Things will hopefully settle down around Christmas and the summer holidays at work.

If we were having coffee, I’d ask you how you have been and what you’ve been up to. Are you counting down to the end of the year too?

Do share!

If you are new to Friday Reflections, here’s what it’s about. It’s the end of the week, you’re probably exhausted with work, and all you want to do is sit back, put your feet up, sip on some fancy cocktail or wine, and write away.

Corinne from Everyday Gyaan and yours truly give you one writing prompts a week to blog about and link up every Friday. The link will be open till the Monday. After you link up, be sure to spread the love by visiting other bloggers who have linked up too.

Feel free to add our Friday Reflections badge to your post or sidebar! Follow us on Twitter @FridayReflect and join our Facebook Group. Share your post on social media with the hashtag #FridayReflections.

The prompt for this week is ‘If we were having coffee…’

Our prompt for next week, 1st December 2017 is ‘Eccentric’. Start thinking how you can use this word in your post!

9 Comments

Vanessa
    November 24, 2017 at 10:04 am

I am counting down, mostly. I want my 14 straight days off to do whatever. Enjoy the beach today and your weekend!
    Vanessa recently posted…How To Get Started On PinterestMy Profile

Nabanita
    November 24, 2017 at 12:50 pm

It’s good that you have taken a few days off. God knows I need to. Happy that you have been able to progress with NaNoWriMo. Keep going. And I too can’t wait for the holiday season to start. Not that we’ll have offs but clients will. So, yay!

Mahati ramya adivishnu
    November 24, 2017 at 2:05 pm

Oh, 20 days left? I haven’t thought about it. Good luck with your writing. Even it’s 200 words a day, it’s worth. Waiting for your book. My week is busy too.

If we were having coffee #FridayReflections | Mumbai On A High
    November 24, 2017 at 7:15 pm

[…] Sharing this with Sanch and Corinne on #FridayReflections […]

Bellybytes
    November 24, 2017 at 7:37 pm

Glad to see your life getting back on even keel Sanchie. We all need a break every now then.

CookieCrumbsInc.
    November 25, 2017 at 3:58 am

You’re killing it at the NaNoWriMo, aren’t you? 🙂
    I wish I had a break too but looks like I’ll be WFH even on my break. it’s exhausting really.

The Unknown Journey Ahead
    November 25, 2017 at 5:14 am

The importance of NaNoWriMo is to end with more words written than you started with (which would have been zero) and, in that respect, you have been sucessful. Hang in there – hope less stressful times come your way soon.
    The Unknown Journey Ahead recently posted…If We Were Having Coffee #FridayReflectionsMy Profile

Lata Sunil
    November 25, 2017 at 2:38 pm

I am also struggling with the crazy work load before Christmas holidays begin. Hope it will be more peaceful then.
    Lata Sunil recently posted…Guest Post : Saiswaroopa on AvishiMy Profile

Lindsay
    November 28, 2017 at 8:32 am

Hey love,

You are killing it, girl! Good job on the Nanowrimo goals. That’s amazing and something I could definitely NOT do.
    *sigh* It’s never enough time off, right? Friday and today I was in tear at work, which is so not cool and so unprofessional. I’m feeling so frayed and burnt out lately, I feel like I just need to go live on a deserted island for a year by myself and to not be around people. 🙁
    Lindsay recently posted…StressedMy Profile