Life

Hello 2018

hello 2018

Hello 2018! Happy New Year, everyone! I had some time yesterday to reflect on the year gone by but also what I want for myself in 2018. I’m not big on resolutions but I do like goals. So with that in mind, I am setting myself a word for the year and intentions to go with it. I also plan to set smaller monthly goals and review them to keep me accountable.

Last week, I had a couple of words come to mind. But in the end, one spoke louder to me for this year.

create

It’s a good word for me because it fits in perfectly with almost all the goals I have for this year.

My overall goals for 2018 include:

Writing:

• Finish my manuscript to a publishable standard by the end of 2018
  • Continue to enter short-story writing competitions and/or poetry competitions
  • Create connections and networks with other writers online and offline by attending writers’ festivals and/or workshops
  • Create the poetry ebook from my A to Z challenge last year
  • Continue to create on the blog
  • Create this blog into an author platform

Health and fitness:

• Continue to create time to exercise 5 to 6 times a week
  • Create healthy eating habits – everything in moderation
  • Create a proper bedtime routine and sleep by 9:30 p.m. on school nights

Mindset:

• Create a grateful mindset by starting a daily gratitude journal
  • Create a self-compassionate outlook
  • Create more space for holidays and time off work through long weekends in order to avoid burnout

Relationships:

• Create stronger connections with people I know
  • Create new connections where possible
  • Create space to have friends over more often

Finance:

• Save about $20 a week in a separate account
  • Don’t shop for new clothes in 2018 and create space by getting rid of things I no longer wear
  • Create a better budgeting system

I also have some goals for my day job but I’ll keep that off the blog for now.

So there you have it. My word of the year. To create a healthier, more content and creative 2018.

Do you have a word for the year or any goals for 2018?Β

Do share!

***Linking with Corinne for WOTY2018, Mackenzie for MG, Alicia for Open Slather and Denyse for Life this week***

Featured image: Pixabay

Secondary image: Pixabay

47 Comments

Vanessa
    January 1, 2018 at 12:34 pm

I’ve been thinking I need to adult less. Previous years have been so serious I’m so sick of it. I don’t have a word as such but I need to find out how I’m going to make a less serious year.

Also, are you sure you’re not going with hustle? πŸ˜‰
    Vanessa recently posted…Receiving Your First Sponsored Post PitchMy Profile

Sanch @ Sanch Writes
      January 1, 2018 at 1:10 pm

Oh I’m with you on adulting less. Why is it so hard to adult?! I hope you can have your less serious year in 2018!

And I could totally go with hustle, couldn’t I. I mean, it would fit just as well as create. Not. πŸ˜›

Jo Tracey
    January 1, 2018 at 3:00 pm

I’m still thinking about my word – or a phrase. Yours is great – & fits your goals really well. Happy new year.

Sanch @ Sanch Writes
      January 1, 2018 at 8:43 pm

Thanks Jo! I can’t wait to see what you come up with. Have a wonderful 2018!

Jodi Gibson
    January 1, 2018 at 4:06 pm

I love this word for you Sanch. Looking forward to seeing your year evolve as you create.

Shailaja Vishwanath
    January 1, 2018 at 4:14 pm

Such a perfect word for you, Sanch πŸ™‚ I love the intention that goes into the word of the year. There’s so much to be gained and nothing to be lost with a word, as opposed to say , a resolution.

I love your writing goals and wish you all the best. Oh and LOVE the going to bed early one too. God knows we need it πŸ™‚

Wishing you a delightful creative 2018!
    Shailaja Vishwanath recently posted…An Intention and a Vision: Word of the Year, 2018My Profile

Sanch @ Sanch Writes
      January 1, 2018 at 8:43 pm

Thanks Shy! Going to bed early is always an intention but has not been successful consistently. Hopefully I can change that this year! Have a wonderful 2018!

Rajlakshmi
    January 1, 2018 at 9:59 pm

Love how you have systematically broken down your goals into different sections. Makes it easier to keep a track and follow as well. A brilliant word for the year … hope you create many more beautiful things before the year ends πŸ™‚
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…Travel Tales: The search for Bioluminescent AlgaeMy Profile

Sanch @ Sanch Writes
      January 7, 2018 at 8:28 pm

Thanks Raj! My mind just works better that way! Have a lovely adventurous 2018!

Leo
    January 1, 2018 at 10:03 pm

Looking forward to that eBook, and also a signed copy of the published book (whenever that happens). I think it will be brilliant. I’ll definitely come to read what you create on the blog. πŸ™‚

Love the health and fitness goals. We have that in common. πŸ˜€

I hope you meet all these goals. πŸ™‚ and when you come here, you can meet me too. πŸ˜›
    Leo recently posted…Consistent | #WordOfTheYear2018My Profile

Sanch @ Sanch Writes
      January 7, 2018 at 8:27 pm

Haha…thank you for your faith in me! πŸ˜› Have a wonderful 2018! Looking forward to meeting you and others in 2018

Shalini
    January 2, 2018 at 12:36 am

Wow! That’s a great word. Oh, I’m so looking forward to your ebook and wish you all the best, Sanch. Have a happy happy happy new year <3
    Shalini recently posted…Word of the Year & In the Moment in 2018My Profile

Aditi Kaushiva
    January 2, 2018 at 6:17 am

Perfect word, Sanch! All the best in all your goals, esp writing. Would love to see you publish soon!
    Haven’t chosen a word per se, but my motto in 2018 will be ‘creating with confidence’. There is so much self doubt that I struggle with, and I just want to push past it all and create with more confidence, be it writing or business or fitness! Much love!

Sanch @ Sanch Writes
      January 7, 2018 at 8:26 pm

I love your motto Aditi! I did think about Creating Courageously but just went with create in the end. Mottos are great. In 2013, ‘out of my comfort zone’ helped me big time! Wish you a fab 2018!

Nabanita Dhar
    January 2, 2018 at 4:32 pm

Create is a wonderful word with so many possibilities. Wish you all the best in your efforts, Sanch. And yes, a happy new year. I don’t have any word for the year. But I do have some plans. Let’s hope they see the light of the day!
    Nabanita Dhar recently posted…2017 | A Year In ReviewMy Profile

Sanch @ Sanch Writes
      January 7, 2018 at 8:26 pm

Thanks Naba! Looking forward to seeing your plans come to light! πŸ™‚

Suzy
    January 2, 2018 at 5:54 pm

Woards are powerful and create is a good word. I had creative as my word a couple of years ago and it truly helped me to be creative. Happy New Year and all the best for 2018
    Suzy recently posted…2018 Is Here At Last … #MondayMusings #MicroblogMondaysMy Profile

Lata Sunil
    January 2, 2018 at 7:11 pm

Thats a lovely word and expect to see lot of fictional and poetic creations from you.
    Lata Sunil recently posted…Teaser Tuesday – 2nd Jan #TeaserTuesdayMy Profile

Soumya
    January 2, 2018 at 11:23 pm

You know what, I’m gonna print this post and stick it on my nightstand! It is so damn inspiring!

This is the best word for the year I have seen so far. More power to you, Sanch!

Wishing you a fabulous 2018!
    Soumya recently posted…Action Replay: 2017My Profile

Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan
    January 4, 2018 at 1:11 am

This is so well organized… I need to steal that aspect from you πŸ™‚
    Happy New Year… may you achieve all that you yearn for this year
    Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan recently posted…My Word of the Year for 2018 #WOTYMy Profile

Sanch @ Sanch Writes
      January 7, 2018 at 8:14 pm

Haha…go ahead and steal it! πŸ™‚ It’s how my mind works for stuff like this. Categorise everything! πŸ˜› Have a wonderful 2018 Roshan!

SHALINI BAISIWALA
    January 4, 2018 at 1:17 pm

What a perfect word for a creative person like you and I love the way you have taken the time out to think it through your various aspects of life and space. Wish you all the best with this and I hope to see that book soonest- your poetry writing for Ato z was just spectacular!! HUgs

Mayuri Nidigallu
    January 4, 2018 at 1:29 pm

I love your choice of word, Sanch. Here’s wishing you Create all that you set out to! Happy 2018!:)

Obsessivemom
    January 4, 2018 at 3:42 pm

I love how neatly you’ve put out your goals. Hope you manage to get to all of them by the end of the year. I have no word for the year but my focus is definitely health. I’ll be looking out for your quarterly/monthly updates.
    Obsessivemom recently posted…Health and fitness goalsMy Profile

Sanch @ Sanch Writes
      January 7, 2018 at 8:12 pm

Thank you Tulika! I’m still pondering if I should actually blog about my monthly goals; they are currently in my planner but not out for the world to see. I do hope you have a healthy 2018!

Shantala
    January 5, 2018 at 7:41 am

I love your word of the year. I especially love how you have chosen to incorporate it in your goals. Wishing you success in all you hope to accomplish in 2018.
    Shantala recently posted…The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande | Book ReviewMy Profile

Shilpa Gupte
    January 5, 2018 at 9:12 pm

You are so clear with what you want from yourself this year! That shows how you have created the entire plan with a lot of consideration for every aspect of your life. If this is how we planned for the year, with the help of a word, we will definitely be able to stick to it and fulfil our goals by the end of the twelve months!
    Wish you the best, Sanch!
    Shilpa Gupte recently posted…Two words that will guide me through 2018.My Profile

Sanch @ Sanch Writes
      January 7, 2018 at 8:11 pm

Thanks Shilpa! I have put some thought into it and especially the writing and health and fitness goals. Let’s hope I can see them through. Hope you have a wonderful 2018!

Lindsay
    January 8, 2018 at 1:05 am

Hey girl,
    β€˜Create’ is such a fantastic word and I love how many things you want to work on or create good, healthy habits from. Those are sticking points.
    I look forward to reading about all of your adventures this year, San, and wish you nothing but the best for 2018. πŸ™‚ xoxo!
    Lindsay recently posted…What’s up, Weekend? {01/05}My Profile

Ness
    January 8, 2018 at 9:05 am

I’ve never been good at goals or resolutions. I have chosen a word or intention: compassion. Good luck with all your goals. I am sure you will smash them! xo

Katherine
    January 8, 2018 at 9:26 am

I’ve got the same finance goal as you – to not buy any new clothes in 2018. So far I’m filtering all of those emails that tempt me into a separate folder and I don’t look at them. It’s working so far (yes, I realise that it’s only been a week). Apart from that I want to read more and spend less time lounging around. I’m in the middle of physio after surgery that will hopefully see me running again by the end of 2018, so fingers crossed for that too.
    Happy 2018!

Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond
    January 8, 2018 at 9:35 am

Hi Sanch! Love your word and also how you have separated your goals into areas of your life – I do that too and find it much easier to follow! Happy New Year and I certainly hope you Create a fabulous one.!

Suger
    January 8, 2018 at 2:43 pm

Create is such a great word. I’ve started to use ‘Creator’ in my bios lately because I can’t seem to sum up what I do in a better, more concise way. All the best with your goals for 2018! I love a good list, so I appreciate you sharing.
    Suger recently posted…Easy tips to take better photosMy Profile

Denyse
    January 8, 2018 at 7:56 pm

I like how you have systematically approached the year and your goals. The word ‘create’ is beautiful and it has many areas where it can be used. Your life ahead in 2018 sounds both measured and exciting! A lovely balance.
    Thank you for linking up for #lifethisweek 2/52. Next week’s optional prompt: My Favourite Weather.
    Denyse recently posted…My Intention & ‘Word’ for 2018. #LifeThisWeek 2/52. 2018.3.My Profile

Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit
    January 9, 2018 at 7:42 am

I love reading people’s words of the year. Create is a good one and works in so many ways,

Min@WriteoftheMiddle
    January 10, 2018 at 1:05 pm

What fabulous goals you’ve listed here Sanch! Your word ‘create’ is a perfect match! I’m sure you’re gonna hit those goals on the head! I hope your 2018 is everything you hope for and more! xo
    Min@WriteoftheMiddle recently posted…Hello 2018My Profile