Gratitude

Weekly Gratitude 2018 1/52

gratitude

In the last two years, I joined Lindsay and her co-hosts on Saturdays to focus on ten things that made me happy in the week gone by. While I fell off the wagon in early 2017, when I got back on in late 2017, I noticed a big change in how I was viewing my world even during times when things were not going well. I think it’s possible to be upset about some things while also being grateful for others. So this year, I will continue to join Lindsay and the peaceful posse but on Sundays. I intend to do it every week this year and if it works well, continue doing it over the next few years.

Without further ado, here are ten things I’m grateful for from the 1st of January till the 7th of January 2018.

Starting the new year by hitting the gym first thing in the morning

Having dinner with a friend at her place on New Year’s day

Seeing my little garden start to flourish

Writing a post about my word for the year and starting to put it into practice

Crossing the 40,000 words mark for my story

Writing in my gratitude journal every night this week

Reading a wonderful book – Bitter Greens – by Kate Forsyth. Can’t wait to finish it and see what happens to the characters

Having my friend and old housemateย Z come over on Friday and stay overnight. It was lovely to catch up and I miss her!

Reading about self-compassion and presenting on the same at a psychology meeting

Beach days and cute kitties

There you have it. Just ten things I’m grateful for this week.

How about you? What are you grateful for this week?

Do share!

***Linking with Lindsay and Charlotte for What’s up Weekend***

11 Comments

Holly Jahangiri
    January 7, 2018 at 4:40 pm

It’s good to spend time each week focusing on the things that went right. It’s easy to forget, if we don’t write it down. I hope you’ll think this is another good thing, Sanch: http://jahangiri.us/2017/liebster-award

Sanch @ Sanch Writes
      January 7, 2018 at 7:58 pm

I agree! And thanks for the liebster award Holly! ๐Ÿ™‚ Also, I just tried to comment but got a message that my profile appears to be spam!

Sid
    January 7, 2018 at 6:14 pm

Your year (and week) seems to have started off on the right note, Sanch. Good luck and the best for you in 2018; I know you’ve had a rather troubling 2017 – here’s to 2018.

PS: I love these gratitude posts; helps us appreciate the little things in life.
    Sid recently posted…17 Reasons why . . .My Profile

Sanch @ Sanch Writes
      January 7, 2018 at 7:55 pm

Thanks Sid! Yeah I realised how important these posts are when I restarted them in the last few months of 2017. Plus, reflecting back on 2017 made me realise it wasn’t as bad as I thought in spite of shit in two major areas of my life! Go figure. Hope you have a good 2018!

Sulekha
    January 7, 2018 at 11:00 pm

Kudos for starting the new year by going to the gym. More power to you. I did something I am proud of too, I meditated at the stroke of midnight and started my year on a positive and motivational note. My crystals helped me start my journey on a strong and happy note. My family was with me and we celebrated the new year with cake and ice cream ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s good to have friends over, hope our year turns out as fulfilling as you wished for.

Shailaja Vishwanath
    January 8, 2018 at 12:07 pm

So wonderful to see you put the gratitude habit into regular practice. It’s the simple things that add up so wonderfully to make us feel good about our lives.

Yay on the word count! So thrilled. Wishing you a wonderfully happy 2018 yet again and look forward to the gratitude updates, Sanch ๐Ÿ™‚
    Shailaja Vishwanath recently posted…Learning to be a patient parentMy Profile

Nabanita Dhar
    January 8, 2018 at 2:44 pm

Well, tough to say, Sach because I have had a horrible start to the new year. Maybe I’m grateful that I have not reacted the way I should have for certain things because then things would have gone out of control and in some cases sorry for the way I did. Makes sense?
    Nabanita Dhar recently posted…#FeministMondays | Everyday SexismMy Profile

Rachna Parmar
    January 8, 2018 at 5:41 pm

That’s really wonderful, Sanch. You are so methodical in your approach. I am trying to practise gratitude daily but I don’t maintain a gratitude journal. Maybe, I should. Haven’t gotten around to it. Wish you a very happy new year, Sanch.
    Rachna Parmar recently posted…C Section Delivery and My ExperiencesMy Profile

Soumya
    January 8, 2018 at 10:49 pm

You’re doing a weekly gratitude? WOW! I can barely do the monthly one.

You inspire me in so many ways, Sanch. It looks like you have accomplished so much and find happiness in such simple things. Kudos, my friend!
    Soumya recently posted…#FeministMondays | On Looking MarriedMy Profile

SHALINI BAISIWALA
    January 10, 2018 at 12:55 am

What a gorgeous though and practice Sanch; may you rock this year with such positivity and happiness all year around!! Cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

Lindsay
    January 13, 2018 at 6:05 am

Hey girl,

Reading about your garden makes ME happy. ๐Ÿ™‚ Iโ€™d love to have a garden someday but Iโ€™m afraid I donโ€™t have much of a green thumb.
    So glad to have you back and seeing your face around these places more. ๐Ÿ™‚