Gratitude

Weekly Gratitude 2018 2/52

gratitude

Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you’ve been having a lovely weekend so far. It’s been a busy week for me and a busy weekend as well but today I’m going to be relaxing at home – hopefully writing and completing some chores. Here are ten things I’m grateful for from the 7th of January to the 13th of January 2018:

Losing power for 6 hours on a hot day and not having options to leave because my car was stuck in the garage. Yet, in this time, I had offers from wonderful friends to come over and rescue me from my predicament.

Systemic shit at work but the friends who make it manageable

Slightly easier days at work due to school holidays

Booking my flights for a week off in Adelaide in March

Having a prolific author – Kate Forsyth – share my link about a review of her book, Bitter Greens

Carpooling to work with a friend. It makes mornings more enjoyable

Dumpling dinner with the girls

Having a fully grown cucumber from my veggie garden

Going on a hike on Saturday morning with friends and having a beautiful swim in between

Attending my first T20 Big bash game with my friend, her boyfriend and his mate and having a lot of fun during an exciting game

So that’s my second week of the year. A lot to be grateful for in spite of other things that have made me upset and angry. But that’s life. Grey clouds with silver linings in between.

How was your week?

Do share!

***Linking with Lindsay and Charlotte for What’s Up Weekend***

6 Comments

Suzy
    January 14, 2018 at 3:57 pm

You lead a very exciting life. I am just grateful for a nice relaxing 4 week break from work, the good weather we’ve had here and time spent with family.
    Suzy recently posted…Alleviating Load … #SixWordSaturday #ABCWednesday #WordlessWednesdayMy Profile

Obsessivemom
    January 14, 2018 at 11:25 pm

I love that friends made so many bad situations bearable for you. The hike, the game and the cucumber – all such happy things. I’ve had an okay week that has seen me feeling up and down by turns. But I did manage 6 days of exercise so that’s something.

Soumya
    January 15, 2018 at 11:08 pm

Dumpling dinner sounds so yummy! Your weekly gratitude posts make me feel so happy and I continue to be in awe of you 🙂
    Soumya recently posted…International Blog Delurking Week: 2018My Profile

SHALINI BAISIWALA
    January 16, 2018 at 1:07 am

Friends are such a bliss – thats been my happy thought at the end of this weekend and loved to read you echoing that too! Cheers to friendships like these and lets cherish our special circle!!

Sulekha
    January 16, 2018 at 7:31 pm

What would we do without friends to brighten our days? Love that you have such great friend around to keep you company and making you forget the stress of the job and bad days. I would love to go hiking and swimming, the winter months here are making me fat. I just sit in bed and read ( and eat lots of food :))

Lindsay
    January 22, 2018 at 1:26 am

I love your list for last week hun. So nice of your friends to reach out to you when you had the power outage. Thankfully it didn’t last too long. About ten years ago, we lost power for maybe four days and it was something else. You truly realize how much is electronic and tied up when power goes down. Even if you had money for gas, the pumps wouldn’t pump it out.

Anyways, lots of catching up to do. Hope you’re well my dear. xo