Gratitude

Weekly Gratitude 2018 4/52

gratitude

Happy Sunday, lovely readers. Here Down Under, we’ve had a long weekend and it’s been nice to have some downtime. Although given I’ve been social almost every day, it’s not so much downtime as opposed to fun times! Without further ado, here are some things I am grateful for from 21st January to 27th January 2018.

Movie night on Sunday watching Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri. Enjoyed the movie which was dark but funny, and the company

So much validation from friends when something frustrated me

Having a huge breakthrough in terms of my self-reflection and working on identifying my emotions

Having one relatively quiet day at work and getting time to read during my lunch break as a result

Having a day where I felt really good about my body and my hair

Lots of laughs with friends

An after-work drink on Thursday night with work friends

Friday night over at my friend’s place and meeting her puppies for the first time

Trying out trampoline fitness with a friend. Not for me but still fun

Being able to complete 25 toe push-ups and plank for 2:05 minutes

Time at the beach with friends from Sydney

Another movie night with another friend to watch The Post. Slow to start but it really picked up

There has been some shitty stuff this week but also a lot of good. I think writing this post and keeping my daily gratitude journal is certainly helping me choose to focus on the good stuff in spite of all the bad. It doesn’t mean the crap doesn’t get me down. It just means I notice it while also noticing it’s not all bad.

How has your week been?

Do share!

***Linking with Lindsay and Charlotte for What’s up Weekend***

10 Comments

Natasha
    January 29, 2018 at 2:29 am

Fab idea. I should be listing out my long weekend gratitude too.
    2:05 mins plank- that’s stellar. I’m strugglinh at 45 s!!! Where are the puppy pictures Sanch? Must be adorbs.
    Natasha recently posted…Redemption: #FridayFictioneersMy Profile

Bellybytes
    January 29, 2018 at 1:08 pm

Happy to note that this week has been happy for you . It was happy for me too ! Was it International Happiness Week ?

Nabanita Dhar
    January 29, 2018 at 2:42 pm

Good to know that you are trying to focus on the positives.
    I had a relatively good week with just one day particularly bad at work due to some nincompoops but I chose to ignore them later and focus on 4 days with my family. So, overall a good week.
    Nabanita Dhar recently posted…#MommyTalks | I’m A Flawed ParentMy Profile

Sanch @ Sanch Writes
      January 29, 2018 at 5:08 pm

Ugh work can be the one thing that brings us down, can’t it? It’s why I make the effort to look at all the other things. Glad to hear you had a good week

Rachna Parmar
    January 29, 2018 at 4:38 pm

Whose puppy is that, Sanch? Loving your weekly roundup with its fill of feel good moments. Enjoyed reading about the kickass exercising, finding time to read, feeling good about yourself and treasuring these good moments.
    Rachna Parmar recently posted…How to Deal with a Disrespectful Child?My Profile

Sanch @ Sanch Writes
      January 29, 2018 at 5:07 pm

It’s my friend’s puppies…they’re gorgeous! I almost dognapped one. 😁

Shilpa Gupte
    January 29, 2018 at 5:18 pm

I liked the last lines of your post, Sanch. Focusing on the good in spite of the not-so-good happening in life makes a lot of difference to our approach to life! Just what I have been working on.
    Great pictures – yours and the fur-babies’!
    Shilpa Gupte recently posted…Thankful. Grateful. Blessed.My Profile

Sid
    January 29, 2018 at 10:06 pm

I love reading your gratitude journals, Sanch. It’s refreshing – more so, because you don’t shy away from speaking the fact (something that a lot of people online don’t seem to!) – that you’ve sometimes had a shitty week.
    Here’s to hoping things will look up and being positive.
    Sid recently posted…The DateMy Profile

Soumya
    January 29, 2018 at 11:16 pm

Self-reflection and sorting out my emotions is something I’m struggling with for more than a year now. Any help would be appreciated 🙂

2.05 minute plank? I can barely make it to 10 seconds at the present. More strength and power to you, Sanch!
    Soumya recently posted…Why I Follow Parenting BlogsMy Profile

Lindsay
    February 5, 2018 at 11:05 pm

Hey girl. I’m still catching up from LAST week. *sigh*
    I’m so glad you were able to enjoy a nice glass at the end of the week, as well as enjoy some laughter and good company.
    Girl you are awesome!! 25 toe pushups and planking that long? Well done!!! Very impressive. 🙂

Your friends pups are adorable and they sure look like they made a new friend. 🙂

xoxo