Gratitude

Weekly Gratitude 2018 5/52

gratitude

Hello lovely readers! It’s Sunday again and hopefully by now, you know that means I reflect on things I’m grateful for this past week. It’s been an interesting week; not as busy as my previous one but that’s because I started the week being sick with the flu. Here are some things I’m grateful for from the 28th of January till the 3rd of February 2018.

Catching up with my friend M after a long time

Long phone conversation over WhatsApp with my friend C in the UK

Having friends from work check in on me when I called in sick with mild flu on Monday and Tuesday

Friends offering to drop off soup or food for me when I had the flu

My friend A dropping off a couple of soups from Woolies on Tuesday

Sleeping through most of Monday

WhatsApp chats with a blogger friend

Finishing two drafts of my short story due for submission tomorrow. Hopefully, one more redraft and I can send it off

Starting to edit and rewrite my novel

Hiring a guy via Gumtree who was a huge help in the backyard for four hours on Friday. I’m definitely having him back!

Catching up with my mate A and another friend L in Sydney on Saturday for dinner and long conversations

Buying some Australian contemporary YA books

So yeah, while the week probably didn’t start off in the best manner, and while I’m still coughing my lungs up, there was a lot to be grateful for. There was no gymming at all this week because of being sick and having a chesty cough but I’m hoping to get back from tomorrow.

How was your week?

Do share!

***Linking with Lindsay and Charlotte for What’s Up Weekend***

11 Comments

Natasha
    February 4, 2018 at 7:32 pm

I love this Friday Gratitude post of yours Sanch. I’m going to sign up for it too. I’ve written a post about my Mom, which has quite a bit of gratitude in it, as it’s been a week of only being with her in hospital and being grateful for what we have. Tell me if I can link up this post.
    Hugs to you. Swishing away that cough in a jiffy. Try having some finer-tulsi tea if you can and if you have Indian spices than a “Kada” works wonders. It is made of cinnamon, cardamoms, black pepper, cloves, ginger, lemon grass and tea; boiled till it turns dark in colour and the quantity of water reduces. Drink it a few times a day and see the magic unfold. Or if this sound complex, turmeric, honey and warm milk, before bed time is a great anti-dote.

Here’s wishing you a brilliant week ahead!
    Natasha recently posted…Ma: My Shakti, My Warrior QueenMy Profile

Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan
    February 4, 2018 at 8:34 pm

Lovely to see so many positive things…. getting to the éditing and rewriting” of a novel draft is in itself a huge achievement, one that I could never reach 😀
    Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan recently posted…Somethings never change. But then somethings do. #BoseQC35My Profile

Shilpa Gupte
    February 4, 2018 at 9:05 pm

Health matters can sure turn life around!
    Take good care of yourself, Sanch! And, wish you the best for your novel writing – wow! what else are you doing? Job, Blog, Writing, AND Novel?!!
    WIsh you the best for everything, dear girl!
    And, get well soon!
    Shilpa Gupte recently posted…Love is in the air!My Profile

Rajlakshmi
    February 5, 2018 at 9:04 am

Getting sick in the summer is the worst… You have to drink hot water but your body craves for cold… Hopefully you will feel better soon. So good to have such amazing souls around you 😊 let me know how the YA books are… I was thinking of reading a few this year.
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…Tasmania – White Sand, Shells & Wineglass BayMy Profile

Shailaja Vishwanath
    February 5, 2018 at 11:33 am

Hugs and hope this week is better, Sanch!
    That said, you do seem to have made the best of a terrible week! Admire your dedication, especially to the writing and editing. Kudos!

Soups are the best when ill and I am glad you have such good home delivery options there.
    Feel well soon and hugs coming your way again!
    Shailaja Vishwanath recently posted…Letting Go: A lesson every parent needs to learnMy Profile

Suzy
    February 5, 2018 at 2:42 pm

Hope you are feeling better now. Good friends are worth their weight in gold.
    Suzy recently posted…January Gratitude … #GratitudeCircle #MicroblogMondays #MondayMusings #openslatherMy Profile

Nabanita Dhar
    February 5, 2018 at 3:49 pm

Feel better, Sanch. Good to know that the week has gradually been looking up for you. I had a pretty decent week myself and a good weekend with family. Really grateful for that 🙂
    Nabanita Dhar recently posted…Where Am I Going In Life?My Profile

Rachna Parmar
    February 5, 2018 at 5:37 pm

I hope you are much better now. It is quite a pain this cough and flu. But God bless your friends and colleagues who are the caring sorts. Resting was good. Take your time to get back to workout.
    Rachna Parmar recently posted…6 Reasons Why Women Must Lift WeightsMy Profile

Soumya
    February 5, 2018 at 11:17 pm

I hope you are feeling better now, Sanch! Talking with friends is such a awesome feeling. I’m glad you have so many people looking after you there. I hope you get to hit the gym soon and motivate me more.
    Soumya recently posted…Padmaavat & The Missing ‘I’ #NotAMovieReviewMy Profile

Jess Hamby
    February 6, 2018 at 9:36 pm

Loving the idea of a weekly gratitude blog 🙂
    Hope you are starting to feel better! Maybe the new books will help 😉 which ones did you pick up?

Lindsay
    February 9, 2018 at 10:54 pm

Hey girl,
    Isn’t it great that we’re able to feel so connected and so close to people so far away by way of technology. Are you feeling better now? That’s really nice of your friends to drop off soup for you. 🙂

Hopefully you’re on the mend and can enjoy this weekend more. xoxo
    Lindsay recently posted…What’s up, Weekend? {02/09}My Profile