Gratitude

Weekly Gratitude 2018 6/52

gratitude

Happy Sunday, lovely readers! I don’t know about you but this work week seemed like the longest week ever! By the time Friday rolled around, I was more than ready to embrace the weekend. Anyway, in spite of the crazy week, there have been good moments in between. Here are some things I’m grateful for from 4th February 2018 to 10th February 2018.

My writers’ group on Sunday morning – always lovely to catch up and get constructive feedback about a piece of writing

Submitting my short story for the Newcastle Short story competition – I’m kicking goals, people!

Getting back to the gym after a week off and apart from the first day when I was a bit wobbly {literally!}, managing to go hard and heavy again

Partnering up for a couple of exercises during a gym class with a guy who was taller and bigger than me, and squatting the same amount he did while also doing more reps than him

Planning my Adelaide trip – it’s coming soon and I’m excited!

gratitude

Catching up with a friend for dinner and chats after work on Tuesday; stoked she now works close to me

Planning some changes around my work as a psychologist

Reading Brené Brown’s Braving the Wilderness and bookmarking every second page. She is so wise!

Saturday night at a friend’s place – our girls’ night in – enjoying chats, wine, cheese and snacks

Facetiming my sister {I still wish we at least lived on the same continent!}

So that’s my week. I was in what I called a stabby mood at work some of the days {not with my clients, though} but I survived it. Writing, reading, exercising and friends all help me get through the messed up system I work in.

How was your week?

Do share!

***Linking with Lindsay and Charlotte for What’s Up Weekend***

7 Comments

Aditi Kaushiva
    February 12, 2018 at 3:06 am

I so wish me and sis lived nearby. Not a day goes without us chatting.
    All the very best for the short story competition. That’s one thing I want to do too, but something holds me back… I have made a list with deadlines of various competitions and working on two stories but…hopefully will find it in me.

And loved the title ‘Braving the Wilderness’, have noted it down, will check out her work for sure!
    Aditi Kaushiva recently posted…In Photos: Liverpool & Its Magnificent Churches #AditisPenMy Profile

Rajlakshmi
    February 12, 2018 at 8:47 am

Hey good luck for the short story contest 😀 I love the term stabby mood. That could easily define my last week too.
    I love reading your fitness updates. Always so inspiring 😀

Nabanita Dhar
    February 12, 2018 at 3:09 pm

All the best for your short story contest.
    Glad you had a good week. I too had a good week apart from the last two days when I was not well but yes the company of family members made it better.

Rachna Parmar
    February 12, 2018 at 3:53 pm

This seems like such a great week for you, Sanch. So happy that your gym schedule is back to where it was. I am still recovering from my cough so haven’t been exercising this past week. 🙁

You are writing, reading and planning a trip. All sounds like a satisfying week.
    Rachna Parmar recently posted…Dahi Ke Aloo Recipe | Spicy Potatoes in Yoghurt CurryMy Profile

Shailaja Vishwanath
    February 12, 2018 at 5:41 pm

Hugs , Sanch. I am simultaneously so happy for your kicking goals and worried that you may be pushing too hard. Take a break and breathe now and then. 🙂

I love Brene Brown and that’s just based on her TED talks. Her books are on my TBR for ages now. MUST start asap.

Wishing you a lovely week ahead. And hey good luck with the short story contest!
    Shailaja Vishwanath recently posted…Why I made the switch to the Menstrual CupMy Profile

Shilpa Gupte
    February 13, 2018 at 2:03 am

You do inspire me with your workout routine, Sanch! But, take it easy, Tiger! 😛
    WIsh you the very best for your short story contest, and hope from the bottom of my heart that every week of yours brings a lot of joy with it!
    Shilpa Gupte recently posted…A just-for-fun pencil sketch.My Profile

Lindsay
    February 17, 2018 at 7:49 am

Kick those goals in the butt, babe! Good for you, hun! So glad you’re feeling better and more like your old self. Isn’t it pretty crazy how quick your body “forgets” when you miss a week or more??! I felt like that back in January and it was so rough getting back into it but not long after, I was good again. 🙂

Change is good my dear. I’m sure you’ll benefit greatly from those changes at work.
    Hope your week has been better than last and you’ve been less stabby. 😉
    xoxoxox